Senior Backend Engineer
Live experiences help people cross today’s digital divide and focus on what truly connects us - the here, the now, the once-in-a-lifetime moment that brings us together. To fulfill Gametime’s vision to unite the world through shared experiences, we deliver fans an extraordinary experience for discovering and purchasing last-minute tickets to live events.
With platforms on iOS, Android, mobile web and desktop supporting more than 100,000 events across the US and Canada, we are reimagining the event ticket experience in a mobile-first world.
What you'll do/own:
- Be part of architecting, implementing and scaling our Go infrastructure, reaching tens of thousands of live entertainment fans every week.
- Build, maintain, and scale our microservices architecture on AWS (Docker, ECS, Lambda, Kinesis).
- Work closely with our Mobile and Web teams to develop a lasting client server protocols
- Work with our Data team to efficiently build/manage a data pipeline that allows the company make better data-driven decisions (Spark, Kinesis, Redshift, Airflow).
Our ideal candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Physics or Mathematics.
- Minimum six years engineering experience, at least two working with API’s in a production environment.
- Significant experience with client-server paradigm
- Passion for a consistent and responsive user experience.
- Production/professional experience with Golang
- Expertise in at least one (1) functional programming language: Java, Python, Ruby, Golang, etc.
What we can offer:
- Flexible PTO
- Competitive salary & equity package
- Monthly Gametime credits for any event ($1,200/yr)
- Company catered lunches (M-Thu)
- Commuter, cell phone, and Friday lunch subsidies
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- 401k, HSA, pre-tax savings programs
- Snacks, drinks, company outings and
Back to top