Director of Fan Operations (Customer Service and Trust & Safety)
Live experiences help people cross today’s digital divide and focus on what truly connects us - the here, the now, the once-in-a-lifetime moment that brings us together. To fulfill Gametime’s vision to unite the world through shared experiences, we deliver fans an extraordinary experience for discovering and purchasing last-minute tickets to live events.
With platforms on iOS, Android, mobile web and desktop supporting more than 25,000 events across the US and Canada, we are reimagining the event ticket experience in a mobile-first world.
We are looking for a Director to join our Fan Happiness and Trust & Safety teams, to lead a service design and delivery strategy that creates a highly engaging and simple to use customer support and service experience. This role is a key member of the Operations leadership team and will work closely with our Product & Technology teams, partnering on the prioritization and design of experience and technology solutions to advance customer and business needs.
Our ideal candidate has a strong business process and operations transformation background, ideally in a senior role within customer service, with demonstrated experience in execution, business partnerships, and innovation in a fast-paced and growing and changing industry.
This leader will be instrumental in driving customer-centric thinking and best practices into the end-to-end customer experience from a capability and process view, and will partner closely with the rest of Ticket Operations, Product and Technology leadership to transform how we interact with and drive new value every day with our customers. This leader will also work closely with business, marketing, product, and domain leads to build great tools, self-service, and community experiences that will lead the industry.
The ideal candidate will have previously built solutions that drive innovation while establishing operational framework and processes that will scale. This leader will have a deep passion for perfecting the end-to-end experience across a diverse set of teams, discipline and platform technologies. A focus on customer needs and market demands is critical to success.
What you'll do/own:
- Manage customer support and trust & safety teams (25+ members, US-based) on a day to day basis, ensuring development and success.
- Clearly define and deliver the service strategy to position Gametime as an industry leader in customer service and Trust & Safety, with the enabling capabilities and infrastructure at scale.
- Work cross-functionally with our Product & Engineering teams to deliver a differentiated experience and minimize fraud loss.
- Build a strategic roadmap for the customer experience function, with stakeholder input and a cross-organizational planning view.
- Translate objectives into specific tactical plans.
- Define and set standards for each service channel, performance, ROI and prevent fraud loss.
- Obsess over details to achieve simplicity.
- Attract, coach, and develop people to grow in their potential.
- Produce in-depth reports using SQL and/or other data-driven approaches.
More about you:
- 10+ years’ experience in leading and driving business process transformation, heavily dependent on technology-driven solutions, preferably for a complex customer service organization with a large user/customer base.
- Significant experience managing onsite & distributed teams of 15+ members across the US.
- Enthusiastic about the latest mobile, commerce, consumer internet trends, and emerging customer service tools and experiencesStrong drive and curiosity to come up with new ideas, identify opportunities, and create a vision to drive the business forward.
- Passion for delivering experiences that delight customers.
- Strong analytical skillsAbility to think big while maintaining a maniacal attention to detail and intense focus on great experience internally and externally.
- Excellent communication skills, program management capabilities, and operational excellence.
- Ability to develop strong professional relationships and to influence peers, managers, business unit leaders, and other teams
What we can offer:
- Flexible PTO
- Competitive SF Bay Area comp package
- Medical, dental, & vision insuranceLife insurance and disability benefits
- 401K, HSA, pre-tax savings programs
- Monthly commuter, cell phone, and Friday lunch subsidies
- Monthly credits for events on Gametime ($1,200/yr)
- New equipment and multi-monitor setup provided
- Company catered lunches (M-Thu)
- Snacks, drinks, Company outings
Back to top