VP of Marketing
Sports matter because they encourage leadership, teamwork, commitment, and confidence—critical life lessons that have the power to propel young athletes toward meaningful futures. GameChanger recognizes that without coaches, parents, and volunteers, organized youth sports could not exist. We celebrate those tireless heroes and make it our mission to help them do what they do best!
GameChanger is a SportsTech company providing team management, scorekeeping, and live fan experiences that build connections across the team community. With GameChanger, coaches and parents can coordinate and follow their athlete’s journey in a simple and powerful way.
We’re headquartered in downtown Manhattan and are proud to be part of the DICK’S Sporting Goods family.
GameChanger is seeking a VP of Marketing to lead end-to-end marketing for our mobile products and drive our brand! You’ll partner with other cross-functional executives to shape overall business strategy, acquire user insights, develop marketing and distribution plans, execute partnerships, implement grassroots initiatives, and build a team to drive key priorities.
Reporting to GameChanger’s COO/GM, our VP of Marketing will be a hands-on yet strategic leader, and will be responsible for designing, developing, and building our marketing organization from the ground up. A critical success driver of this role will be to acquire a deep understanding of the youth sports communities and users we serve.
This will be the perfect job for an experienced marketing leader who has a diverse marketing skill set, is passionate about putting users first, and has experience marketing world-class mobile consumer products. We are looking for someone who enjoys rolling up their sleeves in a fast-paced environment to run a highly effective marketing team that thrives on rigorous execution.
What You’ll Do:
- Build and lead a diverse team of cross-functional marketing experts
- Lead product positioning, messaging, customer identification and develop and execute a strategy to drive user acquisition, retention, and engagement
- Develop and implement a go-to-market and distribution strategy to build communities in new sports
- Partner with product management to shape product and feature definition based on customer insights
- Work closely with our data team to analyze and optimize campaign performance
- Lead brand narrative, user communications strategy, campaign idea, creative expression in advertising, social, owned and operated channels
- Participate in company strategy development, bringing a customer-focused view to business objectives.
Who You Are:
- A skilled marketing leader with deep functional expertise across acquisition/growth, retention, product marketing, brand, and content
- Demonstrated knowledge of how products are conceived and designed. Understand the development process and insights for what makes a great product.
- Ability to partner across functions, including product management, engineering, customer experience, and data
- Proven ability to translate customer insights and marketing analytics into cohesive and ongoing growth & retention strategies
- Experience leading a beloved consumer brand; passion for consumer brand building and storytelling.
- Hands-on experience managing large, high-performing, marketing teams and a demonstrated ability to lead complex strategic and operational initiatives.
- Prior experience with SEM/SEO, marketing automation tools, CRM tools, content marketing, email and social media, and web analytics
- Excellent written and communication skills, and the ability to deliver in high-pressure and fast-turnaround scenarios
- Be part of a diverse team of genuinely kind and interesting individuals dedicated to improving the lives of our customers.
- Benefits include medical, vision, prescription, dental, FSA/HRA, and coverage for family/dependents.
- Generous maternity / paternity leave policy
- Well-furnished, modern office
- Commuter Benefits
- Endless supply of snacks and drinks
- Learning tools, opportunities to join clubs, hack days, and conferences
- Organized lunches, happy hours, and team outings
At GameChanger we are…
- We put our customers first, always asking, “Will this enhance their youth sports experience?”
- We deeply understand our customers and work hard to anticipate their needs.
- We celebrate and support our customers’ contributions to their communities.
- We listen actively, seeking to understand others before making ourselves heard.
- We challenge each other directly while caring about each other personally.
- We do unglamorous work in service of the team.
- We set aggressive goals designed to drive meaningful change.
- We are eager teachers and curious students who invest in learning.
- We are resilient, thriving in change and adversity.
- We value creative ideas and productivity over seniority and hours worked.
- We entrust decisions to those best positioned to make them.
- We concentrate resources on our most important work, often saying "no" to other initiatives.
- We respect others’ time by limiting distractions, running efficient meetings and communicating concisely.
Back to top