Software Engineering Manager
- New York, NY
Sports matter because they encourage leadership, teamwork, dedication, and confidence—critical life lessons that have the power to propel young athletes toward meaningful futures. GameChanger recognizes that without coaches, parents, and volunteers, organized youth sports could not exist. We celebrate those tireless heroes and make it our mission to help them do what they do best.
GameChanger is a technology company providing team management, scorekeeping, and live fan experiences that keep athletes connected with the team community. With GameChanger, coaches and parents can coordinate and follow their athlete’s journey in a simple and powerful way.
We’re headquartered in downtown Manhattan and are proud to be part of the DICK’S Sporting Goods family.
As an Engineering Manager you will lead a team of software developers building iOS and Android mobile applications for youth sports teams. You will be a leader, a mentor, and occasional hands-on developer. You will collaborate with Product Managers, Designers, Marketers, QA Analysts, and other Engineering leaders.
- Encourage engineers to contribute at the highest level and serve our customers.
- Ship early and often. New app versions are released every week.
- Work with leadership peers to refine and improve our innovative engineering culture.
- Promote responsible engineering practices across the whole engineering organization.
- Help engineers gain technical breadth and depth, improve judgment, and develop into tomorrow’s leaders.
- Contribute to the design and implementation of critical features used by millions of users.
Required skills and experience:
- People management background.
- Several years of software development experience, including as a technical lead.
- Comfort working and leading in a Lean and Agile environment.
- Hands-on experience developing native applications on iOS and/or Android and interest in learning a variety of technology stacks.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Customer empathy.
- History of successful product delivery.
- Be part of a diverse team of genuinely kind individuals dedicated to improving the lives of our customers.
- Flexible full-time remote and occasional work from home options.
- Benefits include medical, vision, prescription, dental, FSA/HRA, and coverage for family/dependents.
- Generous maternity / paternity leave policy.
- Well-furnished, modern office with a rich supply of snacks and drinks.
- Commuter Benefits.
- Learning opportunities including clubs, lunch tech talks, conference attendance, and participation in hack days.
- Organized lunches and team outings.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top