Senior Android Engineer
Sports matter because they inspire leadership, teamwork, commitment, and confidence—critical life lessons that have the power to propel young athletes toward meaningful futures. GameChanger recognizes that without coaches, parents, and volunteers, organized youth sports could not exist. We celebrate those tireless heroes and make it our mission to help them do what they do best.
GameChanger is a technology company providing team management, scorekeeping, and live fan experiences that keep athletes connected with the team community. With GameChanger, coaches and parents can organize and follow their athlete’s journey in a simple and powerful way.
We’re headquartered in downtown Manhattan and are proud to be part of the DICK’S Sporting Goods family.
As a full-stack Sr. Android Engineer, you will use modern tools to develop features in our fully-native, modern Android application. In collaboration with your team of Product Managers, Designers, QA Analysts, and Engineers with a variety of backgrounds, skills, and experience-levels; you will build engaging user-facing features by contributing your expertise, writing code, and making key architectural discussions.
- Build and improve native Android apps, including features for community engagement, scorekeeping, fan experiences, and team management
- Make critical decisions about how our applications are architected and built
- Collaborate cross-functionally with designers, testers, and product managers to find the best solutions for our customers
- Teach and learn with engineers across the company
- Promote responsible engineering practices
- 5+ years of software development experience
- Solid understanding of software development fundamentals
- Track record of working on Android projects
- Experience shipping beautiful, high-quality apps
- Passion and savvy working with the latest Android tech
- Comfort working in multi-disciplined product teams
- Outstanding problem-solving skills
- Our apps are written in Kotlin and use a reactive Model View Intent (MVI) architecture driven by Realm, RxJava and the Jetpack lifecycle components; but you don't need to have worked with all of these technologies
- Your team will also be doing iOS development in Swift, so having background there would be a bonus, but is not required
- Our backend APIs are built with Typescript, Node.js, Redis, and PostgreSQL; its not required that you know these, but you should be open to full stack development
- Our service is mobile-centric, but when we do web development we use React
- Be part of a diverse team of genuinely kind and interesting individuals dedicated to improving the lives of our customers.
- Benefits include medical, vision, prescription, dental, FSA/HRA, and coverage for family/dependents.
- Generous maternity / paternity leave policy
- Well-furnished, modern office
- Commuter Benefits
- Endless supply of snacks and drinks
- Learning tools including Safari Books Online, opportunities to join clubs, attend conferences, and participate in hack days
- Organized lunches, happy hours, and team outings
At GameChanger we are…
We put our customers first, always asking, “Will this enhance their youth sports experience?”. We deeply understand our customers and work hard to anticipate their needs. We celebrate and support our customers’ contributions to their communities.
We hold each other accountable to deliver our best effort. We are empathetic and supportive, providing a safe environment for risk taking. We listen actively, encourage debate, and commit to action. We do unglamorous work in service of the team.
We take on challenging initiatives designed to drive significant growth. We are mission-oriented, working with urgency to deliver value to our customers. We set a high bar, invest in development, and strive to be the best.
We take the initiative to solve problems. We entrust decisions to those closest to the problem. We embrace individual responsibility and accountability.
We concentrate resources on our most important work, often saying "no" to other initiatives. We respect others’ time by limiting distractions, running efficient meetings and communicating concisely.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top