Product Marketing Manager
We believe sports are important because they encourage leadership, teamwork, responsibility, and confidence—critical life lessons that have the power to propel young athletes toward meaningful futures. GameChanger recognizes that without coaches, parents, and volunteers, organized youth sports could not exist. We celebrate those dedicated heroes and make it our mission to help them do what they do best.
GameChanger provides teams across the country team management and scorekeeping capabilities, allowing coaches and athletes to stay connected with the team community. We also generate live fan experiences that keep parents, family, and friends huddled around the GC digital campfire as games are announced, animated, and streamed in real-time. With GameChanger, coaches and parents are able to organize and follow their athlete’s journey in a simple and powerful way, all at the power of their fingertips.
GameChanger is a cutting-edge technology company and the uncontested leader in our space. We are based in downtown Manhattan and are proud to be part of the DICK’S Sporting Goods family.
The Product Marketing Manager is the marketplace lead for the Product team. The PMM is tasked with providing market analysis, knowledge, and input to guide Product strategy and roadmap; and leading all marketing efforts around product changes and launches. “Market knowledge” includes an assessment of the market opportunity, the competitive set, areas of product opportunity (aka market need), and the target customers.
What You'll Do:
- Market Intelligence: articulating the market opportunity, including addressable market-size & segments; target customer profiles; competitive assessment; identification of product & marketplace opportunities to drive growth
- Be the expert on your buyers, how they buy and their buying criteria; be the expert on your competition and how to strategically source share from them
- Product marketing, positioning and messaging: The owner and creator of how we present products and talk about them to our audiences
- Marketing strategy & tactical plan to support product launches and releases, and managing the cross-functional implementation of the plan
- Develop product positioning and messaging that differentiates our products in the market
- Own ongoing product marketing and communications to existing customer base
- “Sales enablement” with partners or sales forces: communicate the value proposition of the products to the partners/sales team and develop the sales tools that support the selling process of your products
- Demand Generation support: develop the strategy, including customer profiles and message points, that drive demand for your products.
- Providing the market and customer knowledge inputs to the Acquisition Marketing team to drive their go-to-market strategies & tactics
- Customer advocate: Key voice for the customer, source of definitive customer knowledge to inform product and marketing efforts
- Providing the customer-eye viewpoint to Product, Marketing teams
- Relentlessly advocating for the customer’s experience and value
Who You Are:
- 5+ years of product marketing experience with at least 2 years of experience in a market-facing role (e.g. delivering presentations to customers and prospects, conducting competitor analysis and market research)
- Familiar with marketing automation tools such as Marketo, Pardot and Omniture, and Google Analytics.
- Power user of networking tools such as LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
- Exceptional ROI-tracking skills, able to prove what is –or isn’t—working
- Excellent people and management skills to interact with staff, colleagues, cross-functional teams and third parties. Team player!
- Must be a strong public speaker, comfortable in front of large, senior groups, and a solid writer.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or marketing; MBA preferred.
- Unlimited vacation policy.
- Technology stipend - $3,500 every 2 years to purchase new technology.
- Full health benefits - medical, dental, vision, prescription, FSA/HRA, etc., as well as coverage for family/dependents.
- Life insurance - basic life, supplemental life, and dependent life.
- Disability leave - short term disability and long term disability.
- Retirement savings - 401K plan offered through Vanguard.
- Generous maternity / paternity leave.
- Commuter benefits.
- DICK’S Sporting Goods Employee Discount.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top