Sports matter because they inspire leadership, teamwork, commitment, and confidence—critical life lessons that have the power to propel young athletes toward meaningful futures. GameChanger recognizes that without coaches, parents, and volunteers, organized youth sports could not exist. We celebrate those tireless heroes and make it our mission to help them do what they do best.
GameChanger is a SportsTech company providing team management, scorekeeping, and live fan experiences that build connections across the team community. With GameChanger, coaches and parents can organize and follow their athlete’s journey in a simple and powerful way.
We’re headquartered in downtown Manhattan and are proud to be part of the DICK’S Sporting Goods family.
We are looking for a data scientist that can use data to help us make smarter decisions and deliver even better products. In this role you will work closely with other data scientists, product managers, designers, marketers, and engineers to create measurements and appropriate metrics, design randomized controlled experiments, and tackle open-ended questions that help us understand our users and business. Making use of GameChanger’s rich data warehouse and other data sources, you’ll get to work creatively to answer hard questions and expand the impact of the current Data & Analytics Team.
- Frame out major data initiatives to answer open-ended questions around product and user needs
- Ask thoughtful questions in order to understand partners’ goals, and discover the best solutions to data-centric problems
- Work with product teams to integrate data-driven features into our products
- Select appropriate statistical methods, and implement the solutions with clean code
- Transform our raw data into useful product metrics
- Work closely with data engineers to define the requirements of our data pipeline and warehouse
What we're looking for:
- 3+ years experience doing stakeholder-focused quantitative work
- Ability to write efficient SQL queries, and clean Python or R analytic code
- Experience applying statistical and machine learning methods to business problems
- Ability to listen to, write for, and present to audiences with a range of quantitative experience
- Masters degree (or equivalent) in computer science, mathematics, statistics, economics, or a related field
- Looker or equivalent business intelligence tool
- NoSQL databases, particularly MongoDB
- Command line & git
- Be part of a diverse team of genuinely kind and interesting individuals dedicated to improving the lives of our customers.
- Benefits include medical, vision, prescription, dental, FSA/HRA, and coverage for family/dependents.
- Generous maternity / paternity leave policy
- Well-furnished, modern office
- Commuter Benefits
- Endless supply of snacks and drinks
- Learning tools including Safari Books Online, opportunities to join clubs, hack days, and conferences
- Organized lunches, happy hours, and team outings
At GameChanger we are…
- We put our customers first, always asking, “Will this enhance their youth sports experience?”
- We deeply understand our customers and work hard to anticipate their needs.
- We celebrate and support our customers’ contributions to their communities.
- We listen actively, seeking to understand others before making ourselves heard.
- We challenge each other directly while caring about each other personally.
- We do unglamorous work in service of the team.
- We set aggressive goals designed to drive meaningful change.
- We are eager teachers and curious students who invest in learning.
- We are resilient, thriving in change and adversity.
- We value creative ideas and productivity over seniority and hours worked.
- We entrust decisions to those best positioned to make them.
Back to top