Senior Firewall Engineer
Protectors of all data: security specialists, problem solvers, futuristicthinkers, achievers, game changers.
At Gallup, we collaborate with internalassociates and external clients worldwide to unleash the will of the world. Ourassociates trust that when they're connected to Gallup systems, they're in asafe environment. Can your analytical,strategic and innovative ideas ensure technological security for Gallup and ourclients? Can you be the guardian of our data? If so, we may have an opportunityfor you.
Whatyou will do:
As a senior firewall engineer at Gallup, you will be responsible for theconfiguration, deployment, upgrades and management of information technologysecurity devices in a 24x7x365 environment. As an expert in this firewalltechnology, you will analyze, troubleshoot and remediate issues with various ITsecurity devices. Working closely with a tenured group of system, network and securityadministrators, your identification and coordination of security enhancementswill keep Gallup data, systems and networks secure.
What your key responsibilities include:
- Continuous monitoring of enterprise firewalls
- Planning, deployment and management of networksecurity devices
- Analyzing and evaluating anomalous network andsystem activity
- Assisting in troubleshooting and solving a widevariety of issues
- Providing expertise and strategic guidance oncritical operations that span multiple systems and groups
- Monitoring, evaluating and remediating anyhealth concerns of global firewalls
- Ensuring compliance with policies, includingSOC2 Type 2 and ISO27001 requirements
What you need:
- Five years of experience with Nokia IPSO
- Five years of experience with Checkpoint Gaia
- Very strong networking abilities to troubleshootnetwork and routing issue
- Very strong hardware replacement and repairabilities
- Experience with Checkpoint backup/restore
- Experience with Cisco networking equipment
- Experience with VRRP for automatic failover
- Understanding of VPNs and encryption
- In-depth knowledge of LAN/WAN design,installation and networking, including load balancing, TCP/IP, DHCP and DNS
- Bachelor's degree in management information systems,computer science or computer engineering or equivalent experience
- Seven or more years of progressive experience incomputing and security, working as a firewall administrator, network administrator,network engineer or security administrator
Gallup is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer that celebrates,supports and promotes diversity and inclusion. We will consider all qualifiedapplicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity, orany other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Meet Some of Gallup's Employees
User Interface Lead
In addition to working on Gallup’s technology platforms, Steve takes pride in mentoring his team, knowing that he’s had the very best mentors at Gallup throughout his career.
Back to top