Proofer - Part Time
Who we want
- Do you have a keen eye for detail?
- Do you find yourself wanting to correct your colleagues' grammar, syntax, misspellings and punctuation?
- Do you like to look up facts for yourself?
- Do you get a sense of satisfaction from completing tasks on time?
- Are you comfortable being an integral part of a team that ensures perfection on all client deliverables?
- Do you enjoy collaborating with all parts of a business?
If so, you might be a great fit for us. Gallup is looking for a professional to proofread, edit and ensure the quality of various deliverables. This individual will become a content expert in various research-based consulting practices and products, such as presentations, reports, strategy recommendations and proposals. You will also communicate with various teams across the company to ensure the consistency and accuracy of the documents.
What you'll be doing
- Proofing internal and external deliverables to ensure punctuation, grammar and spelling perfection
- Checking data, conclusions and recommendations for accuracy
- Editing graphs, tables, data and text in a variety of file formats
- Prioritizing multiple requests according to their urgency and taking responsibility for meeting deadlines
- Supporting projects with document creation and other tasks
What you need
- Work three months (Nov 2017 – Jan2018), 8 hours per week, 5 days per week
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook®, Word®, PowerPoint® and Excel®
- Proficiency in written Mandarin, fluency in English
- 1-2 years of proofreading, editing or writing experience is preferred. Fresh graduates will also be considered
- Students are welcome to apply
- You need to be a China citizen or Permanent Resident
Meet Some of Gallup's Employees
User Interface Lead
In addition to working on Gallup’s technology platforms, Steve takes pride in mentoring his team, knowing that he’s had the very best mentors at Gallup throughout his career.
Back to top