Oracle® Database Developer
Who we want
- Do you want to be the expert that people come to for your software platform knowledge?
- Are you comfortable with maintaining a legacy database platform?
- Are you good at optimizing established systems?
- Are you a self-motivated learner who enjoys diving deep and using strategic thinking to solve problems?
If so, join us, and put your strengths into action on Gallup’s dynamic technology team.
Gallup is looking for an enthusiastic and responsible Oracle database developer who understands Oracle databases and architecture. In this role, you will be responsible for the development and maintenance of Oracle. You will also be the main point of communication and resolution for production issues that affect a currently established platform. Ideal candidates are creative, logical and systematic when it comes to analyzing and solving problems.
What you need
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, MIS or a related field or the equivalent in education and experience
- U.S. citizenship required
- Knowledge of version control
- SDLC, Oracle PL/SQL stored procedure development, SQL, performance tuning and data modeling experience is a must
What you’ll do
- Lead production support communication and resolution for an established platform
- Optimize and fine-tune established APIs and ETLs
- Optimize current data models and design diagrams
- Assist in downtime coverage and code pushes
- Complete development/programming as described in design specifications
- Prepare unit test plans, and execute unit testing
- Participate in system and user acceptance testing tasks as assigned
- Update system documentation as needed
- Perform various data management and maintenance duties
Gallup is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer that celebrates, supports and promotes diversity and inclusion. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Applicants must be U.S. citizens and must pass a background check.
Meet Some of Gallup's Employees
User Interface Lead
In addition to working on Gallup’s technology platforms, Steve takes pride in mentoring his team, knowing that he’s had the very best mentors at Gallup throughout his career.
Back to top