Full Stack Engineer / Developer
Who we want
- Are you an application engineer who has the skills to create highly interactive and well-designed Web interfaces that will “wow” our clients?
- Does your constant desire to learn give you the edge it takes to develop innovative interfaces?
- Do you thrive in an environment where problems are open-ended? Do you enjoy engaging in passionate discussions with smart people and letting the best ideas rise to the top?
- Do you take a strong ownership of projects, driving tasks to completion with perfection?
If so, join Gallup and help us take our groundbreaking platforms into the future.
Gallup is looking for a rock-star Full Stack Engineer/Developer to build a unique social marketplace using state-of-the-art Web and mobile technology stack. In this role, you will work on architecting, designing and implementing scalable socially driven Web platforms.
What you need
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field is required; MS in computer science is a plus
- Three years of professional experience in software development using Java, C#, solid experience with Java/C# and Web services
- Proficiency in front-end coding and design, as well as experience in building RESTful Web services
- Computer science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures and algorithm design, and complexity analysis
- Experience translating design mockups and prototypes into working application designs
- Familiarity with scripting languages such as Python, PHP, Ruby or Unix shell scripting
- Experience developing or supporting an operationally critical Web service
- Demonstrated passion for user experience design and improving usability
- Experience building applications using C# and/or Java-based stacks such as Spring MVC, Play, GWT, etc.
- Strong understanding of CS fundamentals, object-oriented design and data structures
- Experience in basic cross-browser support, caching and optimization techniques (CSS Sprite, Minify, gzip, data URI)
- Experience developing consumer-facing Web applications using Ajax
Gallup is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer that celebrates, supports and promotes diversity and inclusion. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Meet Some of Gallup's Employees
User Interface Lead
In addition to working on Gallup’s technology platforms, Steve takes pride in mentoring his team, knowing that he’s had the very best mentors at Gallup throughout his career.
Back to top