Email & Messaging Engineer
Who we want
- Ingenious: Does this describe you? Will your powerful insights about email engineering increase our marketing success and keep us on the cutting edge of messaging technology?
- Innovative -- and practical: Are you both? Can you see big-picture solutions, as well as the detailed steps that it takes to get there? Can you capture complex visions, quickly discerning the “realistic” from the “idealistic,” and use collaboration and creativity to bring visions to life
- Marketing: Is it on your mind? Do you enjoy creating customized systems that will increase targeted marketing? Can you envision the broad effects of the messaging matrixes you create and accurately identify moments to connect the right people with the right ideas?
- Excellence: Do you aim for it? Do you push to bring projects to perfection despite obstacles and tight timelines? Are you naturally analytical and methodical?
If so, we need you to build the email infrastructure that will help drive the world’s most important work on positive human development.
Gallup is looking for an experienced developer to lead the engineering effort and growth strategy for our messaging infrastructure -- an infrastructure that will connect millions of Gallup customers to important developmental tools through targeted messaging. Ideal candidates are technical innovators, creative problem-solvers and expert coders who enjoy working on the big-picture and back-end mechanics of messaging infrastructures.
What you need
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least three years of relevant work experience and coding expertise
- Experience with email systems, machine learning, Geotagging, AWS, email analytics, database query and hosted email providers is required
- Experience with protocols SMTP, HTTP, MIME and Exchange (MAPI) is required
What you’ll do
- Lead the engineering efforts for our messaging infrastructure; research and track email analytics to find ways to increase messaging success
- Partner with the communications team to manage the customer communications life cycle
- Develop/code systems that deliver relevant, personalized emails, app notifications and SMS messages to millions of current and potential Gallup StrengthsFinder customers, as well as enable thousands of Gallup strengths coaches worldwide to send database-driven communications to their clients
- Develop automated drip marketing systems and life cycle communications systems
- Create rules-based app notifications and email triggers
- Improve the quality of our customer data through Geotagging, demographic and geographic appends, and list management and database marketing (segmentation)
- Improve our email delivery and reliability (white lists, black lists, ISP)
Gallup is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer that celebrates, supports and promotes diversity and inclusion. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Back to top