Data Engineer – Social
Who we want
Are you passionate about innovative database engineering for the online social world? Do you have a full understanding of the intricate concepts behind building a robust pipeline of relevant data for online communities and social networking? Are you logical and systematic, yet creative when you approach data collection and problem solving? Do you strive for perfection down to the last detail as you develop, test, QA and document your work?
If so, we need you to help Gallup build the world’s most important social network for human development.
Gallup is looking for a database engineer to help us build an effective social database infrastructure that connects millions of people to each other and to our groundbreaking developmental tools. Ideal candidates are creative and analytical, with a knack for uncovering data insights that advance our business social networking practices.
What you need
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least five years of relevant work experience
- Deep understanding of MySQL, Cassandra or similar NoSQL datastores
- Solid systems administration and automation skills
- Strong command of your favorite scripting and/or programming language
- Solid knowledge in Python, Java, C# and/or other scripting language
- Ability to collaborate and share ideas with other teams
What you’ll do
- Collaborate with the data engineering team to design, build and support databases which power our online community of millions of StrengthsFinder customers and thousands of coaches
- Design, build and support databases that enable interactions with social networks that customers are already using
- Create systems that allow a personalized, social experience for each customer through a feed, online tools and messaging systems
- Structure and analyze large amounts of data and apply insights to optimize database
- Apply your knowledge of Facebook, LinkedIn, Google, Twitter, Single Sign In, APIs, permissions, caching, updates, social sharing and mobile deep-linking
Gallup is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer that celebrates, supports and promotes diversity and inclusion. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Meet Some of Gallup's Employees
User Interface Lead
In addition to working on Gallup’s technology platforms, Steve takes pride in mentoring his team, knowing that he’s had the very best mentors at Gallup throughout his career.
Back to top