Associate Big Data Engineer
Who we want
- Are you seeking a career where you can work in a highly engaged environment and build on your knowledge and experience as a big data engineer?
- Are you innovative and practical?
- Do your original insights into data infrastructures put you at the forefront of the big data world?
- Can you see big-picture solutions as well as the detailed steps to get there?
- Are you logical and systematic, yet creative, when you approach data collection and problem-solving?
- When you analyze data, do you easily uncover stories that lead to applicable solutions?
- Do you strive for perfection down to the last detail as you develop, test and document your work?
- Are you creative and analytical, with a passion for all things data?
What you will do
Gallup is looking for a data engineer to help us build an effective data infrastructure that will generate insights for Gallup's analytics. In this role, you will build and maintain Gallup's big data cloud platform; partner with data scientists to build an infrastructure/pipeline to collect and analyze all necessary data, including social media data sets; build tools for data scientists to access and use the platform; work with Gallup's unique, proprietary data sets; and have the opportunity to analyze large amounts of data and help derive insights and value from them.
What you need
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, mathematics, statistics, data sciences or engineering is required
- One year of programming experience required, preferably in R or Python
- Knowledge of data management tools, including SQL/DBMS and NoSQL, and big data platforms is required
- Strong academic qualifications, including advanced understanding/coursework in database management and math (linear algebra, calculus and statistics)
- Knowledge of Java/Scala is preferred
- Knowledge of machine learning/distributed systems is preferred
Gallup is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer that celebrates, supports and promotes diversity and inclusion. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Meet Some of Gallup's Employees
User Interface Lead
In addition to working on Gallup’s technology platforms, Steve takes pride in mentoring his team, knowing that he’s had the very best mentors at Gallup throughout his career.
Back to top