Senior Manager, Marketing Programs
Galileo is seeking a hands-on, impact-focused marketing leader to develop and implement measurable marketing programs that drive acquisition of new customers. Reporting to the VP of Marketing, this exciting, mission-critical role will be responsible for end-to-end integrated marketing programs, campaigns and promotions—all while managing a team of enthusiastic marketing experts.
We value divergent thinkers who bring various experiences and viewpoints to the table at Galileo. We strongly encourage members of underrepresented groups and people of diverse backgrounds to apply.
Who are you?
- You are intrigued or inspired by Galileo’s mission and purpose. Innovation education, project-based learning, and working in a professional, welcoming, deeply camp-inspired environment should sound like things you’re ready to explore or sign up for.
- You’re a creative, experienced marketer and program manager. The depth and breadth of your experience speaks volumes. You’ve led multiple marketing programs, and joyfully maintain current knowledge of marketing automation, demand generation programs, and integrated marketing best practices across all channels (digital, social, mobile, and traditional programs).
- You’re a performance-driven, accountable, data-hungry strategist. Problem-solving and KPIs make you downright giddy. You look at the details of life through a lens of optimization, measurement and efficiency and feel responsible for getting things done.
- You care deeply, and are a servant leader. You measure your success in part by the success of teammates, and by how well you’ve supported cross-functional stakeholders and business partners. You view your working relationships as an ecosystem, and feel excited to serve those who rely on you. You help people grow both personally and professionally, and believe the role of a manager is to lift up—and inspire greatness in—those they supervise and support.
- You thrive in a fast-paced, highly collaborative environments. You see it as a personal goal to crush deadlines, and love supporting a team’s overall success. From supporting website maintenance or copywriting to developing presentations, nothing gives you greater satisfaction than helping all stakeholders get what they need, on-time or ahead of schedule.
Who are we?
We think the world needs more innovators. We also think kids who learn to explore and fail without fear—the essence of innovation—are happier, more creative and more confident when faced with life’s challenges. And we think kids with these skills are more likely to change our world and be the masters of their own.
It takes a village to bring best-in-class, ever-evolving camp programs to over 30,000 campers each summer. At HQ, we believe that we are Galileo; through the work of each contributor and team, we bring our values to life, and constantly make our company and culture better. Because here, values aren’t just lip service — we aim to be more visionary, courageous, collaborative, determined and reflective each day, and back that effort up with structure to ensure our success. People who work hard, seek feedback to improve their work and themselves, feel deeply accountable for excellent work product, and play very, very well with others tend to thrive in our culture. Complainers don’t.
We like each other, we joyfully work hard together, and united by a shared dedication to our mission to create a world of fearless innovators, we encourage innovation in everything we do. We’re also a certified B Corp, and uphold a company-wide commitment to camper inclusion and broadening our impact. Learn more about our purpose from our CEO & Founder, Glen Tripp.
What’s the team like?
The Galileo Marketing team is a group of talented storytellers and strategists. They weave the different pieces of Galileo’s mission and vision into a cohesive and inspiring story, constantly expanding our impact. This tight-knit and supportive team works closely with all departments, from Curriculum to Customer Experience to People Operations. You’ll have the opportunity to support, collaborate, and explore the different avenues of design, SEO/SEM, email marketing, and web analytics—all while working in a colorful space surrounded by games and silly costumes.
What’s the job, really?
- You’ll be at the helm of end-to-end implementation of Galileo’s planned marketing programs and promotions. With a keen and consistent focus on performance, you’ll develop and execute strategic plans focused on new customer acquisition and retention that meet assigned KPIs, business and revenue goals.
- You’ll lead performance marketing campaigns, constantly drive results, and skillfully pivot when needed. You’ll have an ever-present eye toward metrics, regularly analyzing and reporting on marketing program progress and performance.
- You’ll help tell the story of the Galileo brand. As a vital team member and master of tone, you’ll work to produce high-quality brand assets and ensure all marketing initiatives maintain brand consistency, telegraphing our magic to the world and—ultimately—drive actionable results with new and existing customers.
- You’ll be a leader and people manager on a close knit team. You’ll directly manage 1-2 marketing team-members with thoughtful guidance, grace and mentorship. You’ll also help set the tone of the larger group providing support, industry savvy and a warm, professional presence.
- You’ll be a world-class partner, working cross-functionally with other departments to create and deliver programs that ensure every consumer-facing message stays true to the magic of Galileo.
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, advertising or a related field
- Shareable portfolio demonstrating 6+ years hands-on integrated consumer marketing experience in revenue- and ROI-focused digital, social, mobile, and/or integrated data-driven marketing
- 2+ years demonstrable experience managing & mentoring others
- Previous work in education, purpose-driven companies and/or multi-location marketing a plus
- Comfort and experience using the following programs and platforms: Microsoft, Google, and Adobe suites; marketing automation and demand generation programs (such as Salesforce CRM, Salesforce Marketing Cloud or Marketo); communication and program management tools (such as Slack, Asana, Basecamp or Trello)
- Skilled at, and experience with soliciting and implementing feedback to improve performance
Benefits & Compensation
- Base and bonus potential to be discussed during interview
- Employee medical and dental benefits provided by Galileo; employee-paid dependent care and multiple ancillary benefits available
- Generous parental leave and extensive support with leave planning
- 401(k) provided after one year of employment; current Galileo contribution is 3%, with an employee contribution option
- We believe that a balance between work and life is essential to happiness and success, so work hard and take the time you need; 20 personal days per year
- We offer a significant camp discount to year-round and seasonal employees
Galileo Headquarters, 1021 3rd Street, Oakland, CA 94607
Meet Some of Galileo's Employees
Diana L.Vice President, People
Diana and her team are responsible for attracting, hiring, onboarding, and retaining employees across all Galileo teams and locations. She believes finding the right people is critical to the ongoing success of the company.
Back to top