Digital Marketing Specialist
Galileo is looking for a nimble and solutions-oriented specialist to join our Marketing team and be our go-to teammate for email and web marketing support.
We value divergent thinkers who bring various experiences and viewpoints to the table at Galileo. We strongly encourage members of underrepresented groups and people of diverse backgrounds to apply.
Who are you?
- You’re a fast learner who loves challenges both creative and technical. Whether tackling campaign landing pages or working closely with content producers, you greet challenges with zest, curiosity, and determination.
- You thrive in online communications and are always looking to enhance experiences through the digital lens. You consistently deliver top-notch quality control, from thorough preparation of email campaigns to thoughtful support of teammates. The little things that other people think no one will notice? You notice them, and you demonstrate your commitment to making them the best they can be.
- You make data-driven decisions and look for ways to A/B test a new approach. You strongly believe in what we do and are eager to effectively translate that belief to our audience. You aren’t afraid to try new methods, seek feedback for improvement, and redesign when necessary.
- You’re motivated by a fast-paced environment and feel responsible for getting things done. You value the importance of collaboration and gain deep satisfaction from supporting the vision of a team. You feel accountable to provide excellent service to your colleagues and it’s part of your personal brand to take ownership over anything on your plate.
Who are we?
We think the world needs innovators. We also think kids who learn to explore and fail without fear—the essence of innovation—are happier, more creative and more confident when faced with life’s challenges. And we think kids with these skills are more likely to change our world and be the masters of their own.
It takes a village to bring best-in-class, ever-evolving camp programs to over 30,000 campers each summer. At HQ, we believe that we are Galileo; through the work of each contributor and team, we bring our values to life, and constantly make our company and culture better. Because here, values aren’t just lip service — we aim to be more visionary, courageous, collaborative, determined and reflective each day, and back that effort up with structure to ensure our success. People who work hard, seek feedback to improve their work and themselves, feel deeply accountable for excellent work product, and play very, very well with others tend to thrive in our culture. Complainers don’t.
We like each other, we joyfully work hard together, and united by a shared dedication to our mission to create a world of fearless innovators, we encourage innovation in everything we do. We’re also a certified B Corp, and uphold a company-wide commitment to camper inclusion and broadening our impact. Learn more about our purpose from our CEO & Founder, Glen Tripp.
What’s the team like?
The Galileo Marketing team is a group of talented storytellers and expert business developers. They weave the different pieces of Galileo’s mission and vision into a cohesive and inspiring story, constantly expanding our impact. This tight-knit and supportive team works closely with all departments, from curriculum to customer experience to people operations. You’ll have the opportunity to support, collaborate, and explore the different avenues of SEO/SEM, email marketing, and web analytics—all while working in a space surrounded by color and silly costumes.
What’s the job, really?
- You’ll work closely with our email marketing platform. You’ll support our growing email marketing program that must scale and potentially grow into a multi-user platform base, including local email marketing efforts for all territories.
- You’ll manage our SEO/SEM consultant. You’ll be the glue between our SEO/SEM efforts and other digital marketing programs.
- You’ll be at the helm of content production and deployment. You’ll support and execute email marketing campaigns, from working closely with content producers to ensure maximum impact through email communications to deploying email content.
- You’ll support web analytics and reporting. You’ll assist with email reporting and other reporting needs that come from our Marketing Automation platform. You’ll make compelling recommendations based on your findings.
- You’ll help our growing website stay in top-notch shape. You’ll work closely with your manager to ensure proper display, placement, and functionality of robust content and storytelling to maximize content impact. You’ll be responsible for posting the majority of website content and for maintaining campaign landing pages (advertising, email, SEM, etc.).
- You’ll work cross-functionally with other departments to support customer communications and ensure that every message stays true to our mission and values. You’ll help our recruiting team where necessary with their micro site and email needs.
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience
- Experience with ExpressionEngine preferred; Content Management Systems experience required
- Experience in posting content to websites and working on minor web development projects, fixes and troubleshooting is required.
- Knowledge of basic HTML is required.
- Comfort with basic graphic design to make changes to graphics when needed; experience with Adobe Suite preferred
- Online advertising and campaign experience preferred
- Experience with SEO/SEM preferred
- Familiarity with customer segmentation in digital marketing channels preferred
- Experience with a variety of ESP systems and email campaign management; ExactTarget or Salesforce Marketing Cloud experience a plus
- 2-3 years experience in email and web marketing or communications preferred
- Skill at and experience with soliciting and implementing feedback to improve performance
- Readiness to stick around: we find that our team and team members benefit from a 3 year minimum commitment.
Benefits & Compensation
- Salary to be discussed during interview.
- Employee medical and dental benefits provided by Galileo; employee-paid dependent care and multiple ancillary benefits available.
- Generous parental leave and extensive support with leave planning.
- 401(k) provided after one year of employment; current Galileo contribution is 3%, with an employee contribution option.
- We believe that a balance between work and life is essential to happiness and success, so work hard and take the time you need; 20 personal days per year.
- For team members with kids, we offer significant discounts on camp programs.
Meet Some of Galileo's Employees
Camp Director & Interview Specialist
Nelda is at the center of Galileo's innovation—hiring staff, managing their professional development, overseeing camp operations, and building relationships with parents and members of the community.
Back to top