Who You Are:
You're an experienced software engineer who has worked with Ruby and other programing languages in an Agile environment. You thrive when working with multiple teams, love designing and developing software, and have the inate ability to learn new programming languages as needed.
Here at G5, the Software Engineer applies the skills they have learned to build well-defined features in our software. They require little oversight and should be able to develop software that follows all established engineering best practices. They are the workhorse of the engineering team delivering the majority of fixes and enhancements to existing G5 products.
If this sounds like an opportunity you're interested in, we encourage you to apply!
Your Next Challenge:
- Develop mastery of tooling and coding best practices of your team
- Begin learning how to mentor less experienced teammates
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables
- After hours primary on-call for production systems
- Work closely with devops team to help triage issues and make sure apps are up
Experience and Skills:
What You'll Need:
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience.
- 2-3 years of professional software development experience working with teams.
- Demonstrated proficiency applying Agile and/or XP concepts to their work.
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English.
- Experience with engineering best practices: TDD, CI and Scrum
- Interest and ability to learn other coding languages as needed.
- Experience with MVC pattern in Ruby on Rails, Sinatra or Express (Node.js) to build REST Services in a micro-services architecture
- Proficiency with SQL to be used with Postgres and MySQL
- Previous use of NoSQL and in-memory databases
- Working knowledge of front-end frameworks and tooling: NPM, EmberJS, Angular, Webpack
- Understanding of XLSX Generation
- Experience administering Linux, Kubernetes, AWS, EC2, Heroku, RDS, S3, EMR, ELB, Docker, CodeShip
- Experience building and configuring inter-service messaging systems using common data transport standards such as JSON and SOAP
- Experience architecting and/or managing ETL services
- Marketing industry knowledge and use of Google Analytics API, Google Adwords API, Bing Ad API, Facebook Ad API
- Data Warehousing experience: Pentaho Data Integration, Star Schema pattern, Big Query, Big Table, Redshift, Map Reduce
- Experience building and/or managing application monitoring services as well as configuring them to ensure critical systems stay up.
- Proficiency with source code management in git
- Experience leading Agile scrum teams a plus
Who We Are:
G5 is the leading provider of digital marketing effectiveness in the property management sector. In today's increasingly mobile and social world, reaching and converting prospects is more complex than ever before. G5 simplifies the complexity of digital marketing with an innovative cloud-based platform that creates, measures, and optimizes the entire customer experience - from awareness to advocacy - for a fraction of the cost of traditional marketing approaches. The G5 Marketing Cloud delivers best-in-class experiences across search, sites, and social, as well as tools that measure and optimize results.
Founded in 2005, G5 was recently named one of the fastest growing private US companies by Inc. magazine (4th year), one of North America's fastest growing technology companies by Deloitte (5th consecutive year), and one of Oregon's fastest growing private companies by Portland Business Journal (4th year). The Bend, Oregon-based company is backed by private equity investor Peak Equity Partners. To learn how to maximize digital marketing effectiveness please visit GetG5.com.
Meet Some of G5's Employees
Director, Go-To-Market Programs
As Director of Go-To-Market Programs, Katie publishes the campaigns that bring in a robust sales pipeline—so that the Sales Team can grow the G5 business.
Back to top