Senior Ruby Software Engineer
G5 is the leading provider of digital marketing effectiveness in the property management sector. In today’s increasingly mobile and social world, reaching and converting prospects is more complex than ever before. G5 simplifies the complexity of digital marketing with an innovative cloud-based platform that creates, measures, and optimizes the entire customer experience – from awareness to advocacy – for a fraction of the cost of traditional marketing approaches. The G5 Marketing Cloud delivers best-in-class experiences across search, sites, and social, as well as tools that measure and optimize results.
Founded in 2005, G5 was recently named one of the fastest growing private US companies by Inc. magazine (4th year), one of North America’s fastest growing technology companies by Deloitte (5th consecutive year), and one of Oregon’s fastest growing private companies by Portland Business Journal (4th year). The Bend, Oregon-based company is backed by private equity investor Peak Equity Partners. To learn how to maximize digital marketing effectiveness please visit GetG5.com.
The Sr. Ruby Software Engineer will be responsible for all phases of the software life cycle for the G5 Cloud Platform. This includes but is not limited to the management of other engineer's tasks to implement said functionality.
The Sr. Ruby Software Engineer will:
- Work with Subject Matter Expert(s) and/or Product Manager to gather requirements for new platform functionality
- Decompose and coordinate tasks with Scrum Master to establish project objectives and timeline
- Design the architecture of these feature enhancements to the G5 Platform
- Subsequently develop new models, application views, controllers, and custom Ruby code
- Re-factor current G5 Platform functionality where appropriate
- Perform additional custom projects to be defined on a project by project basis
- Follow defined development practices and conventions including TDD
- Mentor other engineers on engineering practices
- Create common tools and services used across engineering
Experience and Skills:
The Sr. Ruby Software Engineer will have:
- 5-10+ years software development experience
- BA / BS in computer science or related technical field of study
- Experience as technical lead of of 2-5 developers
- 3+ years full stack Ruby and Rails experience
- Strong command line and application infrastructure setup skills
- Strong database, tuning, scaling skills
- A strong software development background ideally working with agile practices
- Previous production experience architecting solutions that utilize MVC & SOA frameworks
- Multiple in-production, reference-able websites where engineer was the primary solution provider
- Proactive communication skills and ability to meet self established timelines for completing work products
- Experience working within all aspects of an n-tiered architecture, e.g. comfortable coding views (templates), models, and comfortable working in a shell environment on remote servers
G5 values a work hard-play hard-live life environment, a got-your-back team mentality, the inspiration of ideas, driving positive change within the community and beyond, and a thirst for excellence. G5 offers a competitive benefits and compensation plan. G5 is an equal opportunity employer. This position is based in beautiful Bend, OR.
Back to top