Machine Learning Operations Engineer
- Bend, OR
Who You Are:
The mention of being in an infrastructure oriented role and building G5’s Machine Learning (ML) platform and opening opportunities for digital marketing tools in a high growth, tech company really gets you excited! Your experience in defining, building and maintaining data science technology stacks makes you a great fit to drive G5’s next phase of growth. You are looking to make a huge impact on our ML operations, the backbone of our business innovation, with the added bonus of work-life balance in beautiful Bend, Oregon. You are a results-oriented, self-starter, with deep technical engineering skills, ML systems configuration experience and data science knowledge.
The Machine Learning Operations Engineer (MLOE) will build and maintain the systems infrastructure components needed to support G5’s Advanced Analytics team in gathering, analyzing, and modeling of data. After modeling is complete, this position works closely with G5’s engineering team to maintain models in a production environment, ensuring high system availability and efficient scalability.
The MLOE is responsible for issues of scale, systems and model life cycle management, new components and techniques that will empower the data science team. The role works closely with Data Scientists, Data Analysts and Data Engineers to empower and manage data pipelines and systems. This role is a cornerstone of the G5 Advanced Analytics team and will report into our Senior Analytics Architect.
If this sounds like you, apply and let’s talk!
Your Next Challenge:
- Collaborate with Data Scientists and DevOps Engineers to deploy advanced modeling capabilities
- Champion methodology by demonstrating ownership of all aspects of the development life cycle
- Communicate with all stakeholders throughout a project to gain clarification of requirements
- Provide project status, identify gaps and issues and own schedules
- Effectively estimate the time it will take yourself and others to perform tasks and influence the team's work to be completed within set time frames
- Provide support and enhancements for existing applications and procedures
- Triage, diagnose and potentially escalate issues and application alerts during engineering efforts and ongoing operations
- Provide on-call support for critical needs
- Write documentation and provide knowledge transfers to users and support teams
What You’ll Need:
- 1-3 years of experience in a machine learning operations role
- Advanced Engineering Degree preferred
- Experience with Agile methodology of project management
- Hands-on development experience with programming/scripting languages such as R, Scala and/or Python
- Experience with Linux configuration management and understanding of Spark, Hadoop and Hive
- Experience with AI Frameworks like AWS Sagemaker, H2O-3, Tensorflow and Keras
- Experience with databases and database-like environments, including Postgres, MySql and BigQuery
- Cloud services experience (AWS/Azure/GCP)
- Familiarity with Ubuntu and Centos/RHEL
- Experience with container orchestration & technologies (Docker/Kubernetes)
- Experience with machine learning techniques like supervised and unsupervised learning
Who We Are:
At G5, we live, work and breathe our “Five to Thrive” values and are hard at work developing award-winning, smarter marketing technologies that Change the Game in real estate digital marketing. Our offices are jam packed with super smart people who go all-in to Make It Awesome and have FUN while doing it. Whether we are delighting our customers with our creative services, throwing epic parties or giving generously to our community, we Pay It Forward by investing in others.
Here at G5, we also Do The Right Thing for our people by providing 100% employer-paid health care plans,401(k) with company match, 30 days of paid time off a year, professional development with tuition reimbursement, dog-friendly offices, free beverages, Summer Fridays, on-site gym, sabbaticals, and much, much more!
G5 really does Own It, and we have the awards to back it up. We’ve been voted Fastest Growing Companies by Inc. Magazine, Large Business of the Year by Bend Chamber of Commerce, Best Place to Work by the Source Weekly, Healthiest Employers of Oregon by the Portland Business Journal, and Best Places to Work “Honorable Mention” by Outside Magazine.
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas.
Back to top