Director of Product Management
Who You Are:
You are a passionate project management leader with 5-10 years of experience developing, building, and launching web-based applications. You're an excellent communicator, and pride yourself on being analytical, technical and an outstanding team player.
Here at G5, the Director of Product Management leads a team of Product Management associates, responsible for researching the market, identifying the market opportunity, and articulating user and buyer needs in the form of market requirements that inform the product strategy for the next generation of digital marketing tools in the Real Estate industry. His/her team is delivers product releases against a product roadmap, delivering value and helping to grow market share for designated vertical(s) and specific products. He/she also works with peer director-led teams toward a shared product vision.
The Director of Product Management must be able to communicate with all areas of the company to ensure a successful go-to-market strategy, helping stakeholders understand and communicate the product positioning, key benefits, and target customer. You will also serve as the internal and external evangelist for G5's product portfolio, working with internal and external teams such as sales, marketing, and key customers.
The Director of Product Management works closely with his/her team, as well as Engineering, to provide a product strategy, roadmap, and requirements specification. The Director of Product Management will be results-oriented, a self-starter, and have deep customer-facing experience. The Director of Product Management will translate user problems into a great product, while managing complex product decisions and tradeoffs in a fast paced environment.
If this sounds like an opportunity you just can't pass up, we encourage you to apply!
Your Next Challenge:
- Collaborate with leadership and product teams to lead product design and delivery.
- Span of control includes - Product Management, User Experience, Documentation, and partnering with Product Marketing on Release Management for your Product Line.
- Engage stakeholders to align on clear, actionable product strategy and priorities to deliver optimal results for customers and our business.
- Drive and facilitate the planning process to provide focus and alignment on critical strategies to delight our customers. Aggressively identify opportunities for improvement, and incorporate new product features on an ongoing basis.
- Effectively collaborate with sales, marketing, services, operations and engineering teams to develop requirements, prioritize enhancements, translate into PRDs and drive projects to completion.
- Define, track and improve key product metrics.
- Own the release management process in partnership with stakeholders.
- Lead by example and foster a spirit of professional growth.
- Represent G5, internally and externally, in a positive and professional manner
Experience and Skills:
What You'll Need:
- 5-10 years of extensive product management leadership experience developing, building, and launching web-based business applications.
- A blend of technical, creative, business, and marketing skills.
- An experienced business thinker with proven track record of delivering successful products in the SaaS space.
- Effective Communication Skills to include but not limited to;
- Interview Skills: ability to lead a requirements elicitation sessions, talking with individuals and groups about their needs and asking the right questions to surface essential requirements information
- Listening Skills: ability to display active listening skills, understanding what people are saying and to detect what they might not be saying
- Presentation Skills: To include writing and making presentations to internal peers and external clients, using visual aids effectively, delivering the material confidently and answering questions competently.
- Writing Skills: Communicate consumable information effectively within the organization and to our customers, understanding the different user roles and what the audience needs from the communication
- Analytical skills: evaluate the information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low level information to a more general understanding, decipher the presented user request from the true underlying needs, and separate out solution ideas from requirements
- Development and execution of tactical plans. Must be able to translate broad strategic objectives to tactical plans, and drive execution in partnership with Engineering.
- University degree required. MBA or CS degree a plus.
- Industry relevant knowledge (Multifamily, Self-storage, or Senior Housing, Real Estate, etc.)
Who We Are:
G5 is the leading provider of digital marketing effectiveness in the property management sector. In today's increasingly mobile and social world, reaching and converting prospects is more complex than ever before. G5 simplifies the complexity of digital marketing with an innovative cloud-based platform that creates, measures, and optimizes the entire customer experience - from awareness to advocacy - for a fraction of the cost of traditional marketing approaches. The G5 Marketing Cloud delivers best-in-class experiences across search, sites, and social, as well as tools that measure and optimize results.
Founded in 2005, G5 was recently named one of the fastest growing private US companies by Inc. magazine (4th year), one of North America's fastest growing technology companies by Deloitte (5th consecutive year), and one of Oregon's fastest growing private companies by Portland Business Journal (4th year). The Bend, Oregon-based company is backed by private equity investor Peak Equity Partners. To learn how to maximize digital marketing effectiveness please visit GetG5.com.
Meet Some of G5's Employees
Director, Go-To-Market Programs
As Director of Go-To-Market Programs, Katie publishes the campaigns that bring in a robust sales pipeline—so that the Sales Team can grow the G5 business.
Back to top