Content Strategy Manager
G5 is the leading provider of digital marketing effectiveness in the property management sector. In today’s increasingly mobile and social world, reaching and converting prospects is more complex than ever before. G5 simplifies the complexity of digital marketing with an innovative cloud-based platform that creates, measures, and optimizes the entire customer experience – from awareness to advocacy – for a fraction of the cost of traditional marketing approaches. The G5 Marketing Cloud delivers best-in-class experiences across search, sites, and social, as well as tools that measure and optimize results.
Founded in 2005, G5 was recently named one of the fastest growing private US companies by Inc. magazine (4th year), one of North America’s fastest growing technology companies by Deloitte (5th consecutive year), and one of Oregon’s fastest growing private companies by Portland Business Journal (4th year). The Bend, Oregon-based company is backed by private equity investor Volition Capital. To learn how to maximize digital marketing effectiveness please visit GetG5.com.
The Content Strategy Manager will develop content marketing strategies for a variety of clients to drive performance and enhance branding and positioning. The Content Strategy Manager will manage a team of content specialists and act as a mediary to increase internal and external knowledge and awareness of Content Marketing best practices.
The Content Strategy Manager will:
- Manage and mentor an in-house creative content team who produces consumer-facing content for a variety of clients, including but not limited to: SEO-rich copywriting, editing, blogging, content strategy and branding and positioning
- Work with cross-functional teams, clients and outside vendors to develop and evolve and scale methodology, tools and implementation of content-related services and other G5 agency offerings
- Collaborate with clients, product marketers, sales professionals, and external influencers and industry experts as a client-facing, in-house subject matter expert on content to ensure G5 is producing relevant and effective content that meets the needs of clients and their audiences; can present/persuade with confidence and authority
- Implement measures to determine effectiveness of content and creative programs, and establish KPIs, benchmarks and plans to improve results, where applicable
- Lead team discussions for strategic planning and new product requirements to support G5’s business initiatives as they pertain to agency offerings and other creative endeavors, as appropriate
- Maintain a high level of strategic marketing knowledge, including current trends, best practices, methods, processes and/or issues. Develop and ensure knowledge and expertise are understood and communicated.
- Work closely and collaboratively with clients and the creative team to guide client discovery and expertly present and deliver effective and scalable content solutions
- Develop and communicate integrated communication processes, documentation, plans and messaging for consumer engagement around multiple client brands, programs and initiatives, including positioning, messaging, and tactics
- Provide creative direction, guidance, training, instruction and/or mentoring and coaching to other cross-functional teams on content-related topics and competencies. May be assigned leadership responsibilities for tasks and/or people on an organizational basis.
- Exemplify G5 Core Values and Behaviors
Experience and Skills:
The Content Strategy Manager will have:
- 5-7 years of digital marketing experience required
- Bachelor’s degree
- Expertise and experience in SEO-rich Copy-writing, Blogging, Editing, Content Strategy, Branding and Positioning
- Past experience producing content for the web specifically, as well as channel-specific knowledge (blog, Facebook, Twitter,YouTube, etc.)
- A dual-minded approach: You’re highly creative and an excellent writer but can also be process-driven, think scale, and rely on data to make decisions
- Strong leadership qualities including outstanding influence skills, experience leading external agencies and internal cross functional projects and teams
- Experience working with and managing creative teams, product teams and stakeholders
- Google Analytics certification preferred
G5 values a work hard-play hard-live life environment, a got-your-back team mentality, the inspiration of ideas, driving positive change within the community and beyond, and a thirst for excellence. G5 offers a competitive benefits and compensation plan. G5 is an equal opportunity employer. This position is based in beautiful Bend, OR.
Meet Some of G5's Employees
Staff Software Engineer
As a staff software engineer, Chris manages a team of developers as they create both the internal and external tools that make up the G5 platform.
Back to top