Associate Technical Business Analyst
G5 is the leading provider of digital marketing effectiveness in the property management sector. In today’s increasingly mobile and social world, reaching and converting prospects is more complex than ever before. G5 simplifies the complexity of digital marketing with an innovative cloud-based platform that creates, measures, and optimizes the entire customer experience – from awareness to advocacy – for a fraction of the cost of traditional marketing approaches. The G5 Marketing Cloud delivers best-in-class experiences across search, sites, and social, as well as tools that measure and optimize results.
Founded in 2005, G5 was recently named one of the fastest growing private US companies by Inc. magazine (4th year), one of North America’s fastest growing technology companies by Deloitte (5th consecutive year), and one of Oregon’s fastest growing private companies by Portland Business Journal (4th year). The Bend, Oregon-based company is backed by private equity investor Peak Equity. To learn how to maximize digital marketing effectiveness please visit GetG5.com.
The Associate Technical Business Analyst elicits, analyzes, validates, specifies, verifies, and manages the technical needs of the product, translates those needs into implementable parts and helps the development team by answering questions and fleshing out additional requirements that arise during the product development process. The Associate Technical Business Analyst is the conduit between the product management process and the Engineering team through which requirements flow.
The Associate Technical Business Analyst will:
- Support the Product Managers in the requirements process for a project, including but not limited to the following activities:
- Understand the problem and business drivers for a project
- Understand other products in the marketplace, understanding features and functions
- Define and document technical requirements
- Create the following to support development activities as necessary: page designs/mockups, data mapping and data modeling
- Work closely and effectively with engineering to provide guidance on implementation of requirements and to provide additional insights
- Help guide the testing process to ensure successful release of new and updated features
- Gather user feedback and evaluate product success
- Perform usability testing of designs and live product
- Have the ability to demo new products and communicate their value
- Create product documentation and training material
- Exemplify G5 Core Values and Behaviors
Experience and Skills:
The Associate Technical Business Analyst will have:
- BA or BS Degree Required
- Experience with software development, including writing, reviewing, and testing software
- Effective Communication Skills to include but not limited to
- Listening Skills: ability to display active listening skills, understanding what people are saying and to detect what they might not be saying
- Technical Writing Skills: Communicate consumable information effectively within the organization and to our customers, understanding the different user roles and what the audience needs from the communication, translate highly complex technical functions into a format non technical users can understand.
- Analytical skills: evaluate the information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low level information to a more general understanding, decipher the presented user request from the true underlying needs, and separate out solution ideas from requirements
- An understanding of web development practices and development life cycles
- Hands on experience with SQL and relational databases
- A passion for detail and an eye for aesthetics
- Comfort in managing multiple, high-priority projects
G5 values a work hard-play hard-live life environment, a got-your-back team mentality, the inspiration of ideas, driving positive change within the community and beyond, and a thirst for excellence. G5 offers a competitive benefits and compensation plan. G5 is an equal opportunity employer. This position is based in beautiful Bend, OR.
Meet Some of G5's Employees
Staff Software Engineer
As a staff software engineer, Chris manages a team of developers as they create both the internal and external tools that make up the G5 platform.
Back to top