Associate Software Engineer
Innovative Associate Engineer. For a recent Computer Science Grad, this is the stuff of dreams: learning from talented engineers, solving big problems, working in a fun environment for a vibrant company, all while living in the best city in the Northwest. Our Product team has big aspirations. We are building new products and transitioning to data analytics and machine learning focus. Can you learn fast and be a strong contributor on a high-performance team? If this is you and you love the outdoors, then we need to talk.
Who You Are:
You are an early career software engineer hungry for your next challenge. You've got experience with at least one programming language, have worked in web application development, and are eager to grow your skill set by diving deeper into the exciting world of software engineering.
Here at G5, the Associate Software Engineer is the entry level developer position on the engineering team. They participate on the G5 software team by implementing fixes and small well-defined pieces of functionality. They pair with more senior engineers on larger challenges while striving to learn the business, become a code craftsman while increasing proficiency and troubleshooting skills.
If this sounds like an opportunity you just can't pass up, we encourage you to apply!
Your Next Challenge:
- Develop a basic understanding of tooling and coding best practices of your team
- Learn how to communicate with your collaborators inside and outside your team
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software.
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables.
Experience and Skills:
What You'll Need:
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience.
- Software development experience in one or more general purpose programming languages.
- Experience working with one or more of the following: web application development, Unix/Linux environments, mobile application development, distributed and parallel systems, machine learning, information retrieval or natural language processing.
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English.
- Experience with engineering best practices: TDD, CI and Scrum
- Interest and ability to learn other coding languages as needed.
- Experience with MVC pattern in Ruby on Rails, Sinatra or Express (Node.js) to build REST Services in a micro-services architecture
- Proficiency with SQL to be used with Postgres and MySQL
- Previous use of NoSQL and in-memory databases
- Working knowledge of front-end frameworks and tooling: NPM, EmberJS, Angular, Webpack
- Basic Linux command line experience
- Basic working knowledge of git. Able to make commits, branches, and perform merges.
Meet Some of G5's Employees
Director, Go-To-Market Programs
As Director of Go-To-Market Programs, Katie publishes the campaigns that bring in a robust sales pipeline—so that the Sales Team can grow the G5 business.
Back to top