Senior DevOps Engineer
Senior DevOps Engineer
Who We Are
A team of engineers and finance geeks revolutionizing the finance services industry. Backed by
BlackRock, we are making software that allows our customers to retire in style.
Our company has a strong mission to ensure that high-quality investment management services are available to everyone.
We are the engineers who create and improve the software development lifecycle itself. We are responsible as a team for the AWS infrastructure that the site runs on, the Jenkins continuous integration and delivery systems, the deployment automation and disaster recovery. We are currently implementing a single container pipeline for any new service. Instead of requiring copious human readable documentation about each new service, all of that will be stored inside the deployed container and follow the service throughout its lifecycle. Dependencies, maintenance and metrics are all handled in a standardized way and we can focus on making the one pipeline better instead of having to continuously create new pipelines and leave old ones to go stale.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Maintain and improve our Jenkins infrastructure writing code in Groovy and using bash shell scripts..
• Develop and improve our Amazon ECS deployment processes.
• Working with the team to implement our code approval signing process.
• Liaise with our customers (the Engineering and Implementation teams) and architects to design improvements to our development lifecycle.
• Automate processes so that engineers can self-service their operational requirements.
• BA/BS in Computer Science or related technical field or related experience is ideal.
• At least 2 years' experience developing and maintaining a CI system (Jenkins preferred)
• At least 2 years' experience creating and maintaining AWS infrastructure as code using eg. Terraform or Cloudformation.
• At least 2 years' experience with Configuration Management eg. Salt, Chef, Puppet.
• At least 4 years of engineering development experience in two of (Groovy, Ruby, Python, Go, NodeJS)
• At least 2 years of experience with Docker, particularly in an AWS ECS environment.
• Passion for solving problems and improving the performance of technology to impact the business.
• Care about creating a great product, being responsible for it and collaborating closely with other engineers.
• Bring a collaborative work style that can be effective in an Agile environment.
• Have a strong mission to automate everything, but you know when introducing automation might be a bad idea.
FutureAdvisor is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
FutureAdvisor will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
Meet Some of FutureAdvisor's Employees
Client Operations Manager
Maria manages the Client Operations Team. She works directly with customers, assisting them through their enrollment and ongoing experience with FutureAdvisor's product.
Back to top