Engineering Business Manager
Who We Are
FutureAdvisor is a team of engineers and finance geeks re-defining the financial services industry. Backed by BlackRock, we are making software that brings high-quality financial management to everyone.
We are seeking a talented Implementation Manager to work directly with our partners and internal stakeholders (which includes: client operations, technology and marketing) to deliver our product to market.
Coordination and Supervision of Engineering Projects
· Work with senior engineering management (director and above) to ensure coordination, consistency, and follow-through of engineering priorities and commitments through the tracking of:
o Engineering Dashboard
o Engineering Management JIRA Project
· Tracks internal initiatives, action items, notes and communication throughout the engineering organization
o Creates and maintains project plans and timelines for engineering initiatives
o Disseminates follow up actions to responsible parties, provides accountability to meet required deadlines.
o Keeps engineering leaders accountable to deliver on their team commitments, through scheduling, coordinating agendas and creating preliminary materials
o Disseminates materials as needed, and posts to wiki/database for all shared communications.
o Communicates project dependencies to affected parties across initiatives (internal and external) and proactively works to avoid delays and missed deadlines.
Metrics Analysis, Issue Monitoring & Production
· Work with engineering management to improve processes and policies in support of the engineering organization
· Formulate and implement departmental and organizational policies and procedures to maximize output
· Monitor engineering issues, and drive engineering management research into reasons for issues and potential resolutions.
o Assist in the process of looking at issues across the organization and identifying items/themes which may be related
· Daily monitoring and analysis of engineering metrics to ensure that the system is running appropriately.
· Coordinate and monitor the work of each engineering department to ensure that we are delivering on our partner commitments.
· Measure quality and quantity of employee productivity
· Be the external (non-engineering) liaison to the rest of the organization for data, project updates and organizational information
· Facilitate coordination and communication between the engineering organization and other FA departments
· Curate & communicate meeting materials and notes for the engineering all-hands, manager meetings, etc and other priority engineering meetings.
· Coordinates weekly project meetings as needed, driving agendas and follow up items.
· Communicates to stakeholders any potential issues or roadblocks to delivering project on time.
· Candidate will work towards PMP certification for project management, with successful completion within 18-24 months in the role.
FutureAdvisor is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
FutureAdvisor will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
Meet Some of FutureAdvisor's Employees
Client Operations Manager
Maria manages the Client Operations Team. She works directly with customers, assisting them through their enrollment and ongoing experience with FutureAdvisor's product.
Back to top