Cloud Security Architect
We are a team of software engineers and finance geeks making unbiased financial advice available to people everyone. That's a big change for Wall Street, which has excluded small investors from smart portfolio management...until now. We help our customers cut their fees, avoid excessive risks and save on taxes, which means that they and their families will face better choices down the road.
We're growing at a rapid rate and we are looking to build new technology to scale our business. We're looking for software engineers who want to build impactful solutions to a really challenging problem: producing better financial outcomes for families.
The Security Architect leads the design and development of innovative security architectures for protecting data deployed into our cloud. This position will directly lead the security vision and strategy around cloud-based applications, across all types (Infrastructure, Platform, and Software).
- Are a talented hands-on security architect with experience architecting systems/services and supporting them in production
- Have experience with assessment, development, implementation, optimization, and documentation of a comprehensive and broad set of security technologies and processes (secure software development, application security, data protection, cryptography, key management, identity and access management, network security) within SaaS, IaaS, PaaS in cloud environments
- Have working knowledge of common and industry standard cloud-native/cloud-friendly authentication mechanisms (SAML, OAuth, etc)
- Possess experience with deployment orchestration, automation, and security configuration management (Jenkins, Salt, etc preferred)
- Have had exposure to service-oriented architecture for cloud-based services.
- Have 5-8 years experience as Security Architect and/or in Engineering focused on security
- Are excited about solving problems and architecting scalable and extensible platforms.
- Have a strong test discipline
- Are resourceful and can work independently while communicating effectively with the team
- Are passionate about personal finance
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent experience
We'd love to see:
- Experience with cloud platforms such as Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Experience with programming languages -- extra bonus for Ruby on Rails and/or JVM-based language
- Strong passion for security best practices and the ability to partner with other parts of the Engineering organization
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction; self-starter/self-motivated
- Technical writing experience
- Cloud security and architecture related certifications (Amazon AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional, Amazon AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional)
FutureAdvisor is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
FutureAdvisor will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
Meet Some of FutureAdvisor's Employees
Client Operations Manager
Maria manages the Client Operations Team. She works directly with customers, assisting them through their enrollment and ongoing experience with FutureAdvisor's product.
Back to top