Client Operations Specialist
FutureAdvisor is a team of engineers and finance geeks revolutionizing the finance service industry. Backed by BlackRock, we are making software that brings high-quality financial advice to everyone.
Join our customer service team and contribute to the seamless behind-the-scenes operations of our award-winning investment advisory firm. We're focused on helping middle- and working-class families achieve long-term investment success. We come into the office with positive attitudes, and the strongest candidates for this position will share that mindset with us. FutureAdvisor is disrupting
the financial advisory space by bringing "country club" privileges to the average investor — what’s not to love? We guide our clients to “ah-ha” moments as they realize how what’s new about our brand of unbiased financial advice, and how we can help them grow their wealth.
On a typical day, members of our team:
- Manage the client onboarding process from generation of custodian paperwork, follow-up, client education, and preparation of accounts for trading.
- Handle unique asset transfer cases and developing internal
procedures or automated solutions where needed.
- Communicate the sign-up process to clients, and setting client expectations for their onboarding experience.
- Anticipate issues and proactively mitigate them.
- Answer questions about our service, the algorithm, the onboarding process, and technical issues via phone and email.
- Work with product and engineering team to improve user experience and develop product enhancements
- Create Training modules both for FutureAdvisor Employees and Partner Employees
- Create, administer and Analyze Client Surveys and present insights and data to management team
- Independently identify process and website improvements
- Create specs and engineering tickets for work to be evaluated and completed to solve identified issues.
- Create and test new ideas to improve Enrollment success [call campaigns, new emails, etc]
- Help determine workflow and test processes for new products (ie Education or Cash goal) and Partners (onboarding)
- If properly licensed, Client Operations Associate will assist in the daily trading of the accounts
- Assist in scoping partner integrations and assist in implementing partner client service requirements
- Train new employees on existing software systems and company procedures
- Troubleshoot User Interface issues including technical issues, bugs, and user error and confidently work through issues with clients and engineering team.
The rewards? With the help of our engineers, we’re translating manual work into automated, simplified, streamlined processes to build a new kind of financial advisor. We’re providing a service to people (especially our peers) who could never access wealth management before, and at a great price. We’re a fun team at a fast-growing company!
What we are looking for:
Most of the skills our specialists need will get you a long way in any line of work:
- Attention to Detail
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Ability to balance daily workload and larger projects
- 2+ years of work in finance or customer facing role. Financial
service experience is a plus but we will train the right candidate interested in learning investing and key financial concepts.
- Strong comfort level with Microsoft Office
FutureAdvisor is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
FutureAdvisor will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
Meet Some of FutureAdvisor's Employees
Client Operations Manager
Maria manages the Client Operations Team. She works directly with customers, assisting them through their enrollment and ongoing experience with FutureAdvisor's product.
Back to top