Group EIC Tech Radar
Future is a global platform for specialist media with scalable, diversified brands. We strive to create fans of our brands by giving them a place where they want to spend their time, where they go to meet their needs; continuing to create loyal communities. We are expanding our global reach through organic growth, acquisitions and strategic partnerships while diversifying our monetisation models to create significant revenue streams.
Our focus is in the core areas of consumer technology, games & entertainment, music, knowledge & science, field sports, home interests and photography & design. At Future, we’re constantly innovating and we are passionate about what we do!
Behind our titles is a team of world-class editorial, creative and tech talent working together to connect, inspire and entertain our global audience. Sitting alongside are a team of business specialists, commercial and enabling functions who support every aspect of Future’s operations.
With superbrands such as PC Gamer, TechRadar, GamesRadar+, MusicRadar & TeamRock, Future's digital properties complement its print portfolio, reaching millions of unique visitors globally each month. We have successful and growing revenue streams in international licensing, contract publishing, eCommerce and a rich portfolio of events.
TechRadar is the one of the world’s leading consumer technology websites. It is the market leader in the UK where it serves a unique audience in excess of 4 million UK users each month. In the United States it is a top-10 player with an audience of more than 10 million each month. Globally it is a significant player in Australia, Singapore, the Philippines, the Middle East and India
Our goal is to help find people find the tech they'll love - something that we have done consistently since launch at 2008. TechRadar has also become an e-commerce tour-de-force without compromising on our journalistic principles.
Job Summary & Purpose:
This is a unique opportunity to lead a site with a global audience in excess of 27 million people. As the leading technology website in Britain and a top 10 consumer tech website in the US, this is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to manage a group of world class journalists across multiple continents and embed yourself in producing news, reviews, features and video across the gamut of the consumer and B2B technology world. Can you help people find the tech they’ll love?
Key role responsibilities:
- Overall responsibility for the content & brand strategy on TechRadar.com
- Manage and balance the business needs across ecommerce and advertising within the Brand
- Directly run a team of journalists across New York, San Francisco, London and Bath while advising a team in Australia and licensed partners in India and the Middle East and therefore travel should be expected.
- Budgetary cost management for the creation of content
- Expand TechRadar’s brand within the industry with both commercial and industry clients
- Grow global audience and improve engagement metrics for the site, improve market leadership position
Essential skills and experience:
- Considerable experience of leading journalists in a busy news and reviews environment
- World class SEO knowledge, with ability to use data at the heart of decision-making
- Experience at managing a sizeable budget
- A champion of ethical and accurate journalism
- Good at thinking creatively, generating ideas for articles or subjects to cover.
- Excellent at organisation and forward planning.
- Adept at managing others and securing the best performance from them. Delegation is key. Time management skills need to be honed as well as the ability to resolve conflict and handle issues
- The ability to work alongside and within passionate, vibrant editorial teams
- A deep understanding of the consumer tech market and relationships with the key players in this sector
Meet Some of Future's Employees
Vic works on the Ad Sales Team, collaborating with editors and clients in order to sell digital advertisements and bespoke content that resonate with online audiences.
Back to top