Supervisor, Accounts Payable
Welcome to the Funko-verse, a world built on pure imagination, a land governed by the philosophy that stories matter, a universe comprised of characters from countless fandoms, a galaxy of once upon a times and happily ever afters.
But what does Funko do?
Funko is a purveyor of pop culture, making and selling license-focused collectibles. We’re based in Everett, WA where we have a store that delights kids of all ages (kids at heart included). We currently hold hundreds of licenses for franchises ranging from Marvel to Harry Potter, giving us the rights to create tens of thousands of characters—one of the largest portfolios in the pop culture and collectibles industry. We take your favorite characters and turn them into adorable, or sometimes scary, collectible figures. Our most famous line, Pop! Vinyl, has millions of fans around the world.
The Supervisor, Accounts Payable is responsible for managing the accounts payable team and ensuring the timely processing and payments of invoices. This position will be required to drive operational process improvement and development efforts and work collaboratively with other functional areas of the organization.
Your Superpowers in Action
- Responsible for the oversight and review of the accounts payable staff, including supervising, training, developing and managing the team workload and ensuring timely and accurate processing and payments.
- Ensure timely period close in the processing of accounts payable and monitoring the monthly and quarter end accrual process
- Reconciliation of select general ledger accounts including accounts payable, credit card liability, etc.
- Management of Concur expense reporting and administration
- Responsible for problem solving, and the continued driving of efficiencies and improvements within the accounts payable and payment processes
- Work with Accounting Manager to increase operational efficiencies; implement, document, and manage processes as required for operations; assist with special projects
- Recommend and establish accounting policies and internal controls for protection of company assets
- Support of the year-end audit, preparation of schedules and process memos, in accordance with GAAP, for independent auditors
- Collaborate across departments to perform ad-hoc analysis to assist with the development and progression of the business.
- Lead and coach team, providing regular feedback and support
Must-Have Superhero Gadgetry
- 4-5 years’ previous experience in Accounting required
- Previous supervisory or management experience required
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university in business, accounting or related field
- Prior experience performing in a high-volume and fast-paced environment
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite (Excel is a must)
- Prior experience in process development for Accounts Payable
- Proficient organizational and time management skills to independently prioritize multiple tasks and bring projects to completion in a fast-paced environment
- Strong project management ability. Able to act as primary owner of individual projects, analysis and process while working cross functionally outside immediate work group.
- Strong operational accounting experience, knowledge and analysis skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Microsoft NAV ERP experience preferred
- Concur experience preferred
Work Environment Requirements
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate and employee will be exposed to office noises and interruptions such as printers, phones, and chatter from surrounding teams. While performing the duties of this job, employee will be regularly sitting at a desk and working on a computer for prolonged periods. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee will be required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee may occasionally have to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
Back to top