Sr. Director, International Sales
- Everett, WA
Welcome to the Funko-verse, a world built on pure imagination, a land governed by the philosophy that stories matter, a universe comprised of characters from countless fandoms, a galaxy of once upon a times and happily ever afters.
But what does Funko do?
Funko is a purveyor of pop culture, making and selling license-focused collectibles. We’re based in Everett, WA where we have a store that delights kids of all ages (kids at heart included). We currently hold hundreds of licenses for franchises ranging from Marvel to Harry Potter, giving us the rights to create tens of thousands of characters—one of the largest portfolios in the pop culture and collectibles industry. We take your favorite characters and turn them into adorable, or sometimes scary, collectible figures. Our most famous line, Pop! Vinyl, has millions of fans around the world.
The Sr. Director, International Sales will manage a team of individual sellers to grow and expand our International Markets consisting of for Latin America, Canada, Asia Pacific and Oceania. This position is based Everett, Washington reporting to the VP, Sales and will oversee operational distribution for key retail partners, coordinate marketing efforts, product launches and sales promotions with assigned retail partners to achieve sales and profit objectives. Our environment is very fast-paced, and requires someone who is highly enthusiastic, flexible, detail-oriented, analytical, and comfortable working with multiple teams in a very ambiguous area.
What You’ll Do
- Own the regional selling strategies; in collaboration with Territory Sales Managers and Sales Directors to develop a strategy, plan, and follow-up to execute region-specific activity to grow sales and orders to outpace the market growth rate.
- Manages a total book of business of up to $100MM. This position also manages Territory Sales Managers and Sales Directors (up to 8)
- Travels with direct reports for skills assessment, mentoring, personal development, and training; and to remain current on customer issues.
- This position will be expected to grow revenue in all accounts annually by ensuring that all opportunities are being explored and sales staff are regularly educating clients on upcoming product releases
- Builds Retail Strategies/Programs with clients - builds in store programs, works with Product Development on exclusives and new product lines
- Create and gives presentations to customers on business reviews and updated product lines
- Understands Planning process to drive customer focused sales and build healthy product mix
- Manages customer profitability to align with KPIs
- Analyzes POS and industry trends to suggest products to client
What You’ll Bring
- 10 years’ experience in a sales role successfully meeting and beating goals, preferably in the consumer products industry
- 5 years managing a sales staff, involving setting expectations, communicating expectations, training and motivating staff to meet their greatest potential
- Proven experience expanding International Markets
- A breadth of knowledge of collectible, toy and hardline products and trends
- Out of the box thinker; creative and strategic mindset
- Proven experience in leading and facilitating strategic conversations at C-level
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects at a time while maintaining attention to details
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Highly organized and efficient time management skills
- Ability to travel up to 40% and able to travel without much notice
- Experience with ERP or CRM systems preferred (MS Dynamics NAV)
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite
Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment. Moderate physical activity required. This position will routinely have to move, and lift up to 10 pounds and on an occasional basis lift up to 25 pounds.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Back to top