Your Superpowers in Action
- Provide oversight and review of the general accounting staff including supervising, training and developing staff, managing team workload and ensuring timely and accurate month end closing;
- Review payroll, including driving process change and improvements to ensure compliance provide timely and accurate payroll reporting and information;
- Drive the monthly close process through timely and accurate review and/or preparation of journal entries, account reconciliations and analysis;
- Ensure preparation and/or guidance for complex monthly calculations/journal entries (such as deferred revenue, inventory reserves and other accruals);
- Prepare and review monthly general ledger reconciliations and maintain supporting documentation;
- Analyze monthly variance/operating reports and drive process improvement and operational efficiencies where appropriate;
- Ensure compliance with generally accepted accounting principles and prepare accounting memos and policies as necessary;
- Lead process improvements and serve on cross-departmental teams in related areas or specific projects;
- Lead future ERP migration. Serve as a liaison between the accounting department and the information technology team to ensure systems are updated and supported as needed;
- Support internal and external audit teams on a quarterly and annual basis;
- Problem solve and implement process efficiency where possible;
- Involvement in our growth to international markets and working in a multi-currency environment;
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management
Must-Have Superhero Gadgetry
- 15+ years of experience in an accounting environment in a consumer products organization.
- 5+ years of prior supervisory/management experience.
- BA/BS degree in accounting required.
- Previous experience with operational accounting experience is required.
- Manufacturing/inventory related experience is preferred.
- CPA is preferred.
- Strong project management ability. Able to act as primary owner of individual projects, analysis and process while working cross functionally outside immediate work group.
- Good decision making and problem-solving skills. The ability to be innovative and creative in resolving issues and improving systems and/or processes.
- History and desire to drive efficiencies and process improvements.
- Ability to interact effectively with different personality styles; must possess confidence in communication style. Excellent team leader. Position will interact with various levels of management and have potential exposure to executives.
- Critical attention to detail, self-motivated, must be able to prioritize, organize and plan well.
- Goal oriented with a track record of driving through to completion.
- Ability to work under pressure, juggle multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Strong computer skills, with the ability and desire to look at innovative options in technology.
Meet Some of Funko's Employees
Sr. Product Designer
Reis collaborates with his colleagues throughout the Art Department, designing scores of products while also leading teams through the development process for new products.
Back to top