Product Development Assistant
The Product Development Assistant is responsible for supporting the Product Development Coordinators, Project Managers and the design team to ensure physical product and packaging in its various stages is distributed/ reviewed internally. The PD Assistant manages quality control ensuring products are being sent to the photography team for glamour shots as well as receiving and sending out samples between the factories and the Product Development team.
What You'll Do
- Work with PM team to further in-development items including product submissions, factory communication, and all item sampling.
- Assist with distributing artist samples, prototypes, and all creative materials as needed.
- Manage Funko main-line assortment creation as requested by forecasting.
- Collect line list information and reference materials from project management team and facilitate the creation of monthly line list presentations to the executive team.
- Assist in creation of sales tools and materials such as product or packaging mock ups for retailers, trade shows, licensors, or internal use as needed.
- Create outgoing licensor shipments as requested by project managers.
- Work with receiving and contractual team members as needed for all incoming and outbound shipments.
- Receive all time sensitive incoming development materials including strike offs and pre-production samples the same day they arrive and distribute to the project management team.
- Manage all hand painted samples.
- Assist the project management team with outbound shipments and samples or development samples to factories as needed.
- Initiate daily communication to factories to confirm receipt of all items shipped, and email daily dispatch with an itemization of all goods in outbound shipments.
- Pick additional items as requested for licensors.
- Monitor projects daily to identify and minimize possible delays
- Partner with Quality department and ensure issues are communicated back to the manufacturer
- Create UPC's, SKU's and GTIN's as needed
What You'll Bring
- Must possess excellent communication (verbal/written) skills
- Must be proactive and meet deadlines.
- Highly organized with the ability to multi-task many ongoing projects
- Be solutions-oriented and a critical thinker.
- Create and maintain a positive team environment.
- Ability to work independently under pressure.
- Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent experience is a plus.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Familiarity of design software (Photoshop or Illustrator) preferred.
What Funko Offers
Funko offers a competitive compensation package with full benefits and 401(K) plan with match, and creative work environment with growth opportunities. We are a diverse and collaborative culture with a propensity for action and strive to always having FUN!
Funko is a purveyor of pop culture and licensed-focused collectibles company located in Everett, WA. Funko currently holds hundreds of licenses and the rights to create tens of thousands of characters - one of the largest portfolios in the pop culture and collectibles industry. Funko's Pop! Vinyl is the number one stylized vinyl collectible on the market, selling millions of figures to collectors around the world.
Meet Some of Funko's Employees
Product Development Supervisor
Stephanie works with the Product Development Team to build upcoming product lines in collaboration with artists while coordinating the product approval process with factories and licensors.
Back to top