Director, Product Operations
Welcome to the Funko-verse, a world built on pure imagination, a land governed by the philosophy that stories matter, a universe comprised of characters from countless fandoms, a galaxy of once upon a times and happily ever afters.
But what does Funko do?
Funko is a purveyor of pop culture, making and selling license-focused collectibles. We’re based in Everett, WA where we have a store that delights kids of all ages (kids at heart included). We currently hold hundreds of licenses for franchises ranging from Marvel to Harry Potter, giving us the rights to create tens of thousands of characters—one of the largest portfolios in the pop culture and collectibles industry. We take your favorite characters and turn them into adorable, or sometimes scary, collectible figures. Our most famous line, Pop! Vinyl, has millions of fans around the world.
This position is key in driving scale, standardization, and productivity using strategic leadership, data and process improvement methodologies. The goal of this role is to optimize go-to-market speed and eliminate waste in production.
This new role leads enterprise wide initiatives and partners with functional and cross functional teams to identify and implement organizational initiatives to ensure the business meets its strategic goals and continued growth. Leading the go to market process, inclusive of product calendar management, process definition, continuous improvement, reporting (including process of alerting organization around targets for delivery and meeting structures).
Must be an effective collaborator, who will organize, lead and facilitate cross-functional project teams, develop recommendations for innovating end-to-end enterprise process, and work closely with key senior leaders to effectively implement change. Ideal candidates will have a role-up-sleeves attitude with experience within a fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG) environment, solid understanding in the creative process including operations, procurement and planning.
Your Superpowers in Action
- Identify enterprise wide improvement opportunities related to process or system-based challenges;
- Create business cases and develop strategic recommendations for senior executives;
- Model, analyze, prioritize and improve processes using data driven decisions, and standardize processes where applicable;
- Lead multiple projects maintaining responsibility for project management, team leadership, data analysis, strategy development, implementation, training, and adoption;
- Collaborate and innovate with teams across the organization, including Sales, Creative, Product Development and Supply Chain;
- Manage enterprise wide cross functional teams across multiple complex projects in parallel;
- Build capabilities in operational teams to ensure seamless transition of project execution and results;
- Coach and mentor team members to ensure consistent team development and growth.
Must-Have Superhero Gadgetry
- 10+ years of related experience in a fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG) environment, such as apparel, footwear, and manufacturing;
- 5+ years of professional experience designing and managing cross-functional projects to drive efficiency and scale;
- Experience with defined methodologies such as lean, Six Sigma;
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects and drive initiatives in a cross-functional environment;
- Experience in strategic project planning and implementation including business requirement generation and process analysis & design;
- Strong leadership skills with experience in managing and developing cross functional teams;
- Experience in developing strong relationships with top senior executives to gain their sponsorship and partnership;
- Effective analytical, problem-solving and communication skills, with the ability to influence stakeholders, lead and partner across functions and teams;
- Ability to manage and prioritize competing priorities and projects.
Back to top