Welcome to the Funko-verse, a world built on pure imagination, a land governed by the philosophy that stories matter, a universe comprised of characters from countless fandoms, a galaxy of once upon a times and happily ever afters.
But what does Funko do?
Funko is a purveyor of pop culture, making and selling license-focused collectibles. We’re based in Everett, WA where we have a store that delights kids of all ages (kids at heart included). We currently hold hundreds of licenses for franchises ranging from Marvel to Harry Potter, giving us the rights to create tens of thousands of characters—one of the largest portfolios in the pop culture and collectibles industry. We take your favorite characters and turn them into adorable, or sometimes scary, collectible figures. Our most famous line, Pop! Vinyl, has millions of fans around the world.
The Digital Architect will provide technical leadership to the Digital team that is leading the charge on Funko’s direct to consumer business. You will lead technical design, recommendations and implementations for Funko’s Digital efforts including eCommerce and Marketing while also collaborating closely with the Enterprise IT team to ensure compatibility with Funko’s overall enterprise architecture. This role will have deep hands-on experience providing technical solutions while also acting as a trusted advisor to Funko’s Digital as well as Organizational leadership. This role will be working closely with c level execs to shape and execute on Funko’s Digital roadmap.
Your Superpowers in Action
- Define, Design and Develop Digital execution roadmaps and strategies
- Work with Funko’s c level executives to deeply understand the business drivers and translate those into technical solutions
- Continuously work with the Digital Development team to ensure compliance with the architecture vision and quality delivery outcomes
- Drive optimization strategies to reduce cost and improve efficiencies of operations
- Work closely with Enterprise IT team to ensure compliance and compatibility of solutions within Digital org
- Define and maintain the appropriate architecture frameworks, processes, standards and tools are in place for delivery success
- Ensure business functions, people and processes are supported by the right solutions
- Researching and prototyping the application of new technologies
- Provide coaching and mentorship to other team members
Must Have Superhero Gadgetry
- 15+ years delivering IT solutions
- 10+ years of digital application development experience, that includes Web, APIs, eCommerce & Content Management solutions.
- Experience with building modern, highly scalable cloud solutions using AWS
- Experience implementing dev ops and continuous delivery
- Experience with modern web technologies e.g. NodeJS, React, Angular.
- Experience working with eCommerce platforms e.g. Magento, Shopify.
- Strong verbal, presentation and written communication skills
- Fantastic executive presence, capable of gaining trust of C level executives
- Strong conflict resolution and negotiation skills
- Superb organizational skills to be able to coordinate complicated projects
- Excellent problem-solving skills, with a demonstrated ability to identify issues, solve them quickly and well, and know when to rely on internal resources to assist
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, business management, information services or related field preferred.
Back to top