Designer / Illustrator
The Designer/ Illustrator collaborates with other design staff to bring projects to completion. This may include illustration, packaging and graphic design.
What You'll Do
- Create vector designs and artwork for a variety of applications.
- Create AI files for design, pad prints, and packaging.
- Initiate color call outs for painting using licensing references and gathered research.
- Develop and concept characters for various toy platforms/categories.
- Finalize illustrations for packaging application.
- Work with factory color call outs, art work applications, and sculpt direction.
- Work on a variety of product development projects.
- Oversee the project from start to finish, monitor various stages of production with the factory.
- Review stages of development with production manager, including communicating with internal staff, and sculptors.
- Develop art concept from beginning through to final packaging.
- Interpret and utilize style guides as it applies to the license and product branding
What You'll Bring
- Ability to maintain cohesive and consistent representation from concept to final product.
- Extremely proficient with Adobe Creative Suite, primarily Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Highly organized with the ability to multi-task across several ongoing projects.
- Fun, creative and insightful, and not afraid to share your opinion.
- Attention to detail is a must.
- Ability to work with tight deadlines.
- Must be able to work in a collaborative team environment.
- Experience with managing project timelines and product quality.
- Ability to illustrate in multiple styles.
- Associate's degree in Design or related field, Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Three or more years' experience in Graphic Design/Illustration.
- Proficient with Photoshop and Illustrator.
What Funko Offers
Funko offers a competitive compensation package with full benefits and 401(K) plan with match, and creative work environment with growth opportunities. We are a diverse and collaborative culture with a propensity for action and strive to always having FUN!
Funko is a purveyor of pop culture and licensed-focused collectibles company located in Everett, WA. Funko currently holds hundreds of licenses and the rights to create tens of thousands of characters - one of the largest portfolios in the pop culture and collectibles industry. Funko's Pop! Vinyl is the number one stylized vinyl collectible on the market, selling millions of figures to collectors around the world.
Meet Some of Funko's Employees
Product Development Supervisor
Stephanie works with the Product Development Team to build upcoming product lines in collaboration with artists while coordinating the product approval process with factories and licensors.
Back to top