Sr. Backend Engineer
Our mission at Fundbox is to simplify and improve the way that small businesses pay and get paid. We leverage cutting-edge technology and data science to create better financial options for small businesses. Because of us, over 30,000 such businesses have more control over their finances, and are better able to succeed and grow. We’re looking for top-tier talent to join our exceptional team, help us continue our own rapid growth, and create a better way forward for our customers.
- Work on Fundbox’s newest products from scratch; which will require coming up with prototypes quickly and brainstorming with stakeholders to evolve and drive our upcoming offerings.
- Develop efficient, reusable, reliable, and scalable software
- Optimize existing stack and architecture
- Architect backend, high-concurrency, multithreaded, server-side systems
- 4+ years of relevant software engineering experience
- In-depth experience in Python required
- Experience with micro-services architecture
- Experience with relational DBs and Linux environments
- Experience in AWS
- Ability to adapt to ongoing iterations and propose solutions quickly
- Broad architecture and development skills
- Experience building high-traffic systems
- Hacker mentality and the ability to work in a fast paced, agile environment
- Understanding of payment networks and/or payment processing is a plus
The Fundbox story began when a co-founder’s mother couldn’t solve cash flow problems to grow her small business. That set us off on a journey to level the playing field for small businesses by providing them with financial tools that never existed before. We do this by combining cutting edge deep learning and data science technologies with outstanding design. Fundbox has raised over $100 million in capital from leading Silicon Valley investors such as Jeff Bezos, Khosla Ventures, General Catalyst Partners, and Spark Capital. Fundbox has offices in downtown San Francisco and Tel Aviv, Israel.
San Francisco Office
The Fundbox San Francisco office is located in the heart of downtown, minutes walk from public transportation, great restaurants, and everything that San Francisco offers. Our space is open, modern, and well-appointed, with a fully-stocked kitchen, free drinks and snacks, and gourmet lunches delivered daily. We offer a choice of health, dental, and vision plans, 401k, fitness reimbursement, and commuter benefits. We take our jobs seriously, but we also know how to have fun, with sponsored social activities and plenty of opportunities to celebrate our achievements!
Meet Some of Fundbox's Employees
Alex is one of the founding engineers on the team that developed the original Fundbox product. Today, Alex focuses on new product exploration for the company's Fundbox Labs.
Back to top