Senior Manager, Risk
The Fundbox Mission
Our mission at Fundbox is to simplify and improve the way that small businesses pay and get paid. We leverage cutting-edge technology and data science to create better financial options for small businesses. Because of us, over 30,000 such businesses have more control over their finances, and are better able to succeed and grow. We’re looking for top-tier talent to join our exceptional team, help us continue our own rapid growth, and create a better way forward for our customers.
As the second Risk team hire in the US, you will help build out the Risk team’s presence in the company’s headquarters in San Francisco. You will need to be a LEADER who can hire and develop a team, an ANALYST who can expand our data-driven culture and drive actionable insights, a BUILDER who can help develop new risk policies and underwriting procedures to fit our expanding suite of new products, and a PROCESS MANAGER who can ensure seamless execution. This role will report to the Head of Risk.
- Analytics: get your hands dirty working with big data sets to provide critical insights related to portfolio performance and monitoring, credit and fraud policy design, and product-related changes, among others.
- Process management: take direct responsibility over the company’s initiative to launch higher credit limit lines including designing, tracking and improving the credit and fraud policy, monitoring the portfolio of outstanding credit exposure, injecting automation into our processes at every available opportunity, and managing a risk ops team.
- New products: work with the Product team to develop risk parameters for new product launches.
- Collections: help oversee our late stage recovery efforts.
- 6-8+ years of professional experience with some experience in a consumer or SME fraud/credit risk analytics role
- Love of data
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently to deliver end-to- end output; not a ‘hand-holding’ culture
- Pluses (but not required): Python and SQL skills, and love of hummus and whiskey
The Fundbox story began in 2013 when a co-founder’s mother couldn’t get a loan to help grow her small business. Three eventful years later, Fundbox has an award-winning product for small businesses that unlocks capital tied up in outstanding invoices with a single click - funds show up in customers’ bank accounts in as little as 24 hours. Fundbox has raised over $110 million in capital from leading Silicon Valley investors such as Spark Capital, General Catalyst Partners, and Khosla Ventures. Fundbox has offices in downtown San Francisco and Tel Aviv, Israel.
San Francisco Office
The Fundbox San Francisco office is located in the heart of downtown, minutes walk from public transportation, great restaurants, and everything that San Francisco offers. Our space is open, modern, and well-appointed, with a fully-stocked kitchen, free drinks and snacks, and lunches delivered daily. We take our jobs seriously, but we also know how to have fun, with sponsored social activities and plenty of opportunities to celebrate our achievements!
Meet Some of Fundbox's Employees
Alex is one of the founding engineers on the team that developed the original Fundbox product. Today, Alex focuses on new product exploration for the company's Fundbox Labs.
Back to top