Senior Compliance Officer
Senior Compliance Officer is responsible for assisting in the continued build-out of our Compliance Management System, for owning Compliance initiatives in support of Fundbox’s small business financing products and services, and for maintaining internal policies and programs associated with regulatory and partnership requirements.
- Understand, advise and assist in implementing product compliance requirements
- Advise cross-functional teams in complying with regulatory requirements and internal policies and procedures as part of everyday operations
- Build, improve and scale compliance programs and processes
- Manage the implementation of corrective actions or remediation efforts when necessary
- Develop risk assessments to address legal and regulatory risks for compliance programs
- Assist in managing day-to- day operations in our bank partnership relationship
- Demonstrated implementation of compliance programs working at a financial institution, fintech or payment-focused company
- Strong understanding of how to identify, mitigate and manage risk during product development with minimal impact to customer experience
- Adept communication skills when dealing with possible bad actors
- Understanding of regulated industry best practices and creativity in designing approaches or applying associated technologies
- Work with engineering teams during product development to ensure compliance with relevant state and federal laws, as well as financial partnership obligations.
- "Do it all" mentality and comfort handling a vast array of operational processes.
- Ability to work efficiently and independently in a fast-paced, high-volume environment.
- Knowledge of relevant regulations including Bank Secrecy Act and Anti-Money Laundering (BSA/AML), Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA), Unfair or Deceptive Acts or Practices (UDAP), Truth in Lending Act (TILA) etc.
- At least 5 years of proven experience in a compliance role
The Fundbox story began when a co-founder’s mother couldn’t solve cash flow problems to grow her small business. That set us off on a journey to level the playing field for small businesses by providing them with financial tools that never existed before. We do this by combining cutting edge deep learning and data science technologies with outstanding design. Fundbox has raised over $100 million in capital from leading Silicon Valley investors such as Jeff Bezos, Khosla Ventures, General Catalyst Partners, and Spark Capital. Fundbox has offices in downtown San Francisco and Tel Aviv, Israel.
San Francisco Office
The Fundbox San Francisco office is located in the heart of downtown, minutes walk from public transportation, great restaurants, and everything that San Francisco offers. Our space is open, modern, and well-appointed, with a fully-stocked kitchen, free drinks and snacks, and gourmet lunches delivered daily. We offer a choice of health, dental, and vision plans, 401k, fitness reimbursement, and commuter benefits. We take our jobs seriously, but we also know how to have fun, with sponsored social activities and plenty of opportunities to celebrate our achievements!
Meet Some of Fundbox's Employees
Alex is one of the founding engineers on the team that developed the original Fundbox product. Today, Alex focuses on new product exploration for the company's Fundbox Labs.
Back to top