Senior Business Development/Partnerships: Fundbox Pay
The Fundbox Mission
Our mission at Fundbox is to simplify and improve the way that small businesses pay and get paid. Fundbox is the only company that leverages advanced insights to create previously unavailable financial options and the most straightforward, honest customer experience for small businesses. Because of us, our customers have more control over their finances and are better able to succeed and grow. We’re looking for top-tier talent to join our exceptional team, help us continue our own rapid growth, and create a better way forward for our customers.
We’re looking for a strong Business Development (BD)/Partnership team-member to help drive the sales/business development strategy and execution for our newest product: Fundbox Pay. Fundbox Pay is a payment and credit solution servicing the $4.5 trillion small business-to-business (SMB2B) transactional market in the U.S. By addressing SMB's lack of credit access and by facilitating credit payments between buyers and sellers, Fundbox Pay provides the 21st-century infrastructure to unlock the trapped value in the SMB2B economy. We want SMB2B transactions to be as simple as buying a cup of coffee.
You will be part of the team responsible for building the business development/partner sales channel and go-to-market (GTM) programs that help define and tell the Fundbox Pay story to prospects and customers. Our BD/Partnership efforts need to be scalable (internally and externally) which means you will need to collaborate across the organization to refine and execute our strategy that is consistent and repeatable for all segments we target.
The BD/Partnership role is a high-impact role in which your leadership, business expertise, product acumen, customer understanding, analytical rigor and interpretation of results will materially influence decisions directly affecting the growth trajectory of our business. Your responsibilities will include:
- Help scale/optimize the BD/Partnership program, including program optimization and sell-in/briefing across the business in selling/targeting new Pay prospects.
- You will work with key partners from across the business to ensure commercial readiness for the product at a customer.
- Development of launch/GTM play books to execute; proactively identify opportunities for process improvement.
- Tracking of KPI’s and working closely with customers you’ve sold on growth/scale strategies to elevate the overall penetration of Fundbox Pay into a seller’s community.
- Provide regular progress updates to executive stakeholders; define communication plan for program overall.
- Strong ability to identify, target, and sell Fundbox Pay offering to potential customers, including the rollout of the offering to our customer’s community.
- Strategic thinker: someone with a clear vision and the ability to execute on priorities.
- Exceptional written and oral communications skills, ability to explain complex requirements in simple words, desire and ability to teach our customers and their community.
- Collaborator: can pull together and drive execution from cross functional teams and build strong, trusted relationships.
- Influencer: can bring groups with disparate or competing incentives together to reach consensus for a shared outcome.
- Program Manager: can manage multiple complex & time-sensitive customer engagements with multiple dimensions with strong discipline.
- Team player and great human relations.
- Proven experience with leading several initiatives, simultaneously.
- “Get things done” mentality
- Previous startup experience.
- At least 4 years of experience in sales, business development, and GTM where relevant.
- Bachelor’s degree; MBA a plus.
The Fundbox story began when a co-founder’s mother couldn’t solve cash flow problems to grow her small business. That set us off on a journey to level the playing field for small businesses by providing them with financial tools that never existed before. We do this by combining cutting-edge deep learning and data science technologies with outstanding design. Fundbox has raised over $100 million in capital from leading Silicon Valley investors such as Jeff Bezos, Khosla Ventures, General Catalyst Partners, and Spark Capital. Fundbox has offices in downtown San Francisco and Tel Aviv, Israel.
San Francisco Office
The Fundbox San Francisco office is located in the heart of downtown, minutes walk from public transportation, great restaurants, and everything that San Francisco offers. Our space is open, modern, and well-appointed, with a fully-stocked kitchen, free drinks and snacks, and gourmet lunches delivered daily. We offer a choice of health, dental, and vision plans, 401k, fitness reimbursement, and commuter benefits. We take our jobs seriously, but we also know how to have fun, with sponsored social activities and plenty of opportunities to celebrate our achievements!
Back to top