This is a unique opportunity to join Fundbox (www.fundbox.com), an innovative fintech company with a mission to help the small business ecosystem prosper by empowering small businesses with fair financial solutions. The company’s first product leverages deep data analytics to enable businesses to accelerate cash flow against their outstanding invoices. The Fundbox risk engine taps into numerous data signals both outside and within its proprietary B2B credit network to assess customers and invoices for risk automatically and instantly, allowing small businesses to choose which invoices to clear with a single click.
Founded in 2012, Fundbox has raised over $100 million from leading Silicon Valley entrepreneurs, finance veterans, and venture capitalists, including Khosla Ventures, General Catalyst, Spark Capital Growth, SV Angel, Blumberg, Jeff Bezos and former Citigroup CEO Vikram Pandit, among others. The company has over 90 employees (and growing!) across its headquarters in San Francisco and office in Tel Aviv.
As the senior Risk team member in the US, you will help build out the Risk team’s presence in the company’s headquarters in San Francisco. You will need to be a BUILDER who can help develop new risk policies and underwriting procedures to fit our expanding suite of new products, an ANALYST who can expand our data-driven culture and drive actionable insights, and a PROCESS MANAGER who can ensure seamless execution. This role will report to the Head of Risk.
- Underwriting: analyze the creditworthiness of customers based on various data sources. Make credit decisions - you will own and be accountable for the approval process, and help define our credit risk policies.
- Analytics: get your hands dirty working with big data sets to provide critical insights related to portfolio performance and monitoring, policy design, and product-related changes, among others.
- Process management: take direct responsibility over the company’s initiative to launch higher credit limits including designing, tracking and improving the credit and fraud policy, and monitoring the portfolio of outstanding credit exposure.
- New products: work with the Product team to develop risk parameters for new product launches.
- Accounting or business degree preferred – will consider comparable experience
- 3+ years of professional experience with some experience in credit, risk or analytics role
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to work independently to deliver end-to-end output; not a ‘hand-holding’ culture
- Pluses (but not required): Knowledge of lending best practices, Python and SQL skills, and love of hummus and whiskey
Meet Some of Fundbox's Employees
Alex is one of the founding engineers on the team that developed the original Fundbox product. Today, Alex focuses on new product exploration for the company's Fundbox Labs.
Back to top