Head of Corporate Communications
The Fundbox Mission
Our mission at Fundbox is to simplify and improve the way that small businesses pay and get paid. Fundbox is the only company that leverages advanced insights to create previously unavailable financial options and the most straightforward, honest customer experience for small businesses. Because of us, our customers have more control over their finances, and are better able to succeed and grow. We’re looking for top-tier talent to join our exceptional team, help us continue our own rapid growth, and create a better way forward for our customers.
We’re looking for an energetic, proactive leader to head up corporate communications at Fundbox. The right candidate will be comfortable developing and executing Fundbox’s communications strategy, while also delivering results in fast-paced, start-up environment. The primary goal of this position will be to develop Fundbox’s narrative with media outlets and ensure our media coverage helps advance our point of view. This position will work closely with product, marketing, and senior leaders across the organization to mine for exciting stories, newsworthy announcements, and big milestones we want to share with the world.
Corporate Communications will be responsible for:
- Working with internal stakeholders to set short, medium and long-term strategy
- Developing quarterly plans, including goals for the PR organization
- Fostering relationships with influential journalists and media outlets
- Driving the company narrative
- Securing coverage of Fundbox, including: thought leadership pieces, evergreen stories, hot, trending topics and product announcements
- Leveraging our large quantities of data to develop insights, support our storytelling, and deliver unique and engaging content
- Support recruiting efforts by positioning Fundbox as an amazing, innovative place to work
- Helping to foster better internal communications at Fundbox
- Creative, breakthrough storytelling
- Very strong writing background
- Comfortable working with short lead times
- PR strategy development
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and execute!
The Fundbox story began when a co-founder’s mother couldn’t solve cash flow problems to grow her small business. That set us off on a journey to level the playing field for small businesses by providing them with financial tools that never existed before. We do this by combining cutting edge deep learning and data science technologies with outstanding design. Fundbox has raised over $100 million in capital from leading Silicon Valley investors such as Jeff Bezos, Khosla Ventures, General Catalyst Partners, and Spark Capital. Fundbox has offices in downtown San Francisco and Tel Aviv, Israel.
San Francisco Office
The Fundbox San Francisco office is located in the heart of downtown, minutes walk from public transportation, great restaurants, and everything that San Francisco offers. Our space is open, modern, and well-appointed, with a fully-stocked kitchen, free drinks and snacks, and gourmet lunches delivered daily. We offer a choice of health, dental, and vision plans, 401k, fitness reimbursement, and commuter benefits. We take our jobs seriously, but we also know how to have fun, with sponsored social activities and plenty of opportunities to celebrate our achievements!
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records
Meet Some of Fundbox's Employees
Alex is one of the founding engineers on the team that developed the original Fundbox product. Today, Alex focuses on new product exploration for the company's Fundbox Labs.
Back to top