Head of Compliance
As we are rapidly growing, it is time for us to make our first fully dedicated compliance hire. As Director of Compliance, you will have the opportunity to build Fundbox’s compliance program from the ground up. You’ll work across all teams to implement new policies that will impact every area of the business This is a high visibility role where you will work closely with senior management and our executive team on a regular basis, while also having a high level of autonomy in your day-to-day work.
- Oversee the structuring and build out of Fundbox’s compliance policies and processes
- Develop KYC/AML/BSA program and procedures for existing and future product development
- Complete filing of suspicious activity reports (SARS) - completing the required investigations and narratives for each authority.
- Conduct regular evaluation of customer onboarding and due diligence controls
- Draft and update any necessary desktop procedures
- Assist internal partners with AML/KYC related questions and escalations
- Assist with OFAC sanctions and PEP screening
- Be the point person for state and federal financial services regulators.
- Ensure compliance of Fundbox’s products and services.
- Bachelor Degree (JD a plus)
- Have at least four years of experience as a MLRO, Compliance Officer, Anti-Money Laundering Officer
- AML/CFT certified (ACAMS, ACFCS) (preferred).
- Be naturally curious. Thrive in a fast-paced environment.
This position reports directly to the General Counsel & Head of Compliance and will be a full-time position located in our downtown San Francisco office which comes stocked with a full pantry and daily lunch. We are a small, close knit team and enjoy regular team outings and happy hours. If you have a work hard, play hard attitude and love whiskey and hummus you will fit right in.
We’re experiencing consistent triple-digit quarter-over-quarter growth and are looking for great people to join us in our mission and leave their mark on the company. For more information, visit www.fundbox.com.
The Fundbox story began when a co-founder’s mother couldn’t solve cash flow problems to grow her small business. That set us off on a journey to level the playing field for small businesses by providing them with financial tools that never existed before. We do this by combining cutting edge deep learning and data science technologies with outstanding design. Fundbox has raised over $100 million in capital from leading Silicon Valley investors such as Jeff Bezos, Khosla Ventures, General Catalyst Partners, and Spark Capital. Fundbox has offices in downtown San Francisco and Tel Aviv, Israel.
San Francisco Office
The Fundbox San Francisco office is located in the heart of downtown, minutes walk from public transportation, great restaurants, and everything that San Francisco offers. Our space is open, modern, and well-appointed, with a fully-stocked kitchen, free drinks and snacks, and gourmet lunches delivered daily. We offer a choice of health, dental, and vision plans, 401k, fitness reimbursement, and commuter benefits. We take our jobs seriously, but we also know how to have fun, with sponsored social activities and plenty of opportunities to celebrate our achievements!
Meet Some of Fundbox's Employees
Alex is one of the founding engineers on the team that developed the original Fundbox product. Today, Alex focuses on new product exploration for the company's Fundbox Labs.
Back to top