The Compliance Anti-Money Laundering Analyst will perform the day-to-day operational Anti-Money Laundering tasks in support of Fundbox’s alternative small business financing products and services and associated regulatory and partnership requirements. The role will include monitoring for unusual or prohibited activity, escalating activity to partners, and developing and maintaining procedures related to Anti Money Laundering.
- Monitor and take action on compliance-related alerts including OFAC, unusual transaction monitoring, and prohibited activity
- Escalate investigative reports of unusual activity to require corporate partners as per our contractual obligations
- Ensure all daily operations are met within established SLAs
- Conduct regular reviews of operations processes and procedures to ensure functionality and develop additional efficiency
- Assist with AML Compliance Training focusing on identification and reporting of suspicious transactions.
- Maintain a current understanding of money laundering and terrorist financing issues, including policies, procedures, regulations, industry best practice, criminal typologies and developing trends.
- Work cross-functionally with internal Fraud teams and other Compliance team members to identify gaps in policies or procedures
- A strong operations mindset involving time sensitive directives and ability to self-manage workflow
- Strong investigative skills, including familiarity with public record research and database tools
- Strong transaction analysis skills and understanding of commercial financial products and services
- Adept communication skills when dealing with possible bad actors
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as prior CRM and customer-facing experience
- Previous experience in compliance or risk work with a financial institution or payment-focused company preferred
- Understanding of regulated industry best practices and associated technologies
- 4-year undergraduate degree preferred
- 1-3 years experience preferred
- Native level English
Back to top