- Dallas, TX
At Fundbox our vision is to power the small business economy with innovative credit and payment solutions. We offer fast and incredibly intuitive access to business credit. Our goal is to unlock the potential of small businesses by giving them financial agility and peace of mind. We need outstanding people to help us achieve our goals.
We’re looking for a talented Credit Underwriter to join our exceptional team, help us continue our rapid growth, and create a better way forward for our customers. In this position on our Credit team, you will have an opportunity to have a unique opportunity to learn and advance innovative new ways to look at credit at a growing fintech company and apply those methods to assess the risk of extending credit to small businesses. This role is responsible for executing underwriting operations, including conducting lending analysis and dictating credit decisions for individual businesses. The individual will also have the opportunity to drive improvements to the manual underwriting process.
The Credit Team at Fundbox owns underwriting, pricing, loan performance and collections and has direct customer-level P&L responsibility. The team is responsible for driving lending margins by making important business decisions. The team leverages data and analytics to develop policies and pricing.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis without the need for employer sponsorship. Fundbox will not hire any applicants for Credit Underwriter position who require employer sponsorship for a non-immigrant visa.
In this role you will
- Identify and articulate inherent risks associated with lending credit to small businesses
- Interact directly and maintain good rapport with customers to deeply understand their business models while protecting Fundbox’s interests and following compliance protocols
- Guide and support pre-underwriting functions in determining correct application of credit guidelines and policy.
- Recognize and escalate decisions to the Senior Credit Underwriter when required per underwriting policy
- Perform ad-hoc creation and maintenance of reports related to underwriting operations
You should have
- 2+ years of professional experience in small business credit lending
- Must be able to read and analyze financial documents including tax returns, bank statements, financial statements, and credit reports
- Ability to understand the financial condition of businesses based on reporting details and basic understanding of how businesses operate financially across different industries
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently to deliver end-to-end output
Our goal is to power the small business economy. Our story began when our co-founder’s mother encountered cash flow problems when she tried to grow her small business. The challenges she faced inspired her son to solve the most important problems for business owners and help them access capital and financial tools. Today, we combine cutting-edge machine learning and data science technologies with outstanding design and top-notch user support that earns rave reviews from our thousands of happy customers. Fundbox has raised over $300 million in capital from leading Silicon Valley investors such as Khosla Ventures, General Catalyst Partners, Spark Capital, Allianz, and MUFG. Fundbox has offices in downtown San Francisco, Dallas and Tel Aviv, Israel.
Dallas, TX Office
Our Plano office at Legacy Center is the latest addition to the Fundbox family. Join our local team and help build it from the ground up. We strive to become Plano’s top employer and we’re recruiting the brightest minds and building a best in region office that blends our Tel Aviv and San Francisco inspired culture, with a Texas twist. We take our work seriously, but live life to its fullest. Wear jeans as you change the world in a modern open office, and blow off steam at the many fitness centers, restaurants, and bars.
Diversity and Inclusion at Fundbox
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace as we know that diverse teams produce the best work. We’re committed to building a culture of innovation and inclusion across gender, race, age, sexual orientation, religion, disability, and identity. Here at Fundbox, we strive to uphold a system of values we call MOSAIC: Mission, Ownership, Speed, Achva (a Hebrew term meaning to help one another), Innovation, and Clarity. Embracing our diverse backgrounds and abilities allows us to harness our creativity and achieve more, together.
Back to top