The Fundbox Mission
Our mission at Fundbox is to simplify and improve the way that small businesses pay and get paid. Fundbox is the only company that leverages advanced insights to create previously unavailable financial options and the most straightforward, honest customer experience for small businesses. Because of us, our customers have more control over their finances, and are better able to succeed and grow. We’re looking for top-tier talent to join our exceptional team, help us continue our own rapid growth, and create a better way forward for our customers.
Fundbox is looking for an Accounting Lead to help take our Finance function to the next level. You’ll be the first full-time accounting hire and will be expected to build out and scale accounting at Fundbox. We are looking for someone who will oversee the monthly financial close and reporting process and be able to drive insights from the results to impact business decisions. You will work closely with the Finance Manager on key reporting to management and external stakeholders.
- Lead all aspects of the monthly financial close process including account reconciliations, international consolidation, and preparation of monthly reporting package
- Design, implement and maintain effective accounting processes, policies, and internal controls to make accounting at Fundbox a well-oiled machine
- Own key relationships with our external bookkeepers and tax advisors
- Manage the company’s expense management process from vendor invoicing to payment, and ensure timely payments are made
- Work cross-functionally with Fundbox teams in the US & Israel
- Coordinate external audit process
- Collaborate with outside tax preparers to ensure timely tax filings
- Other special projects and ad-hoc analyses as directed by management
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- At least 6 years of professional experience
- Active CPA and Big 4 audit experience required
- Strong working knowledge of US GAAP and internal control framework
- Proactive, self-starter attitude and ability to work autonomously with minimal direction/guidance in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Financial Services and start-up experience a plus
- Willing to roll up your sleeves to get stuff done
The Fundbox story began when a co-founder’s mother couldn’t solve cash flow problems to grow her small business. That set us off on a journey to level the playing field for small businesses by providing them with financial tools that never existed before. We do this by combining cutting edge deep learning and data science technologies with outstanding design. Fundbox has raised over $100 million in capital from leading Silicon Valley investors such as Jeff Bezos, Khosla Ventures, General Catalyst Partners, and Spark Capital. Fundbox has offices in downtown San Francisco and Tel Aviv, Israel.
San Francisco Office
The Fundbox San Francisco office is located in the heart of downtown, minutes walk from public transportation, great restaurants, and everything that San Francisco offers. Our space is open, modern, and well-appointed, with a fully-stocked kitchen, free drinks and snacks, and gourmet lunches delivered daily. We offer a choice of health, dental, and vision plans, 401k, fitness reimbursement, and commuter benefits. We take our jobs seriously, but we also know how to have fun, with sponsored social activities and plenty of opportunities to celebrate our achievements!
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records
Meet Some of Fundbox's Employees
Alex is one of the founding engineers on the team that developed the original Fundbox product. Today, Alex focuses on new product exploration for the company's Fundbox Labs.
Back to top