Web Content Management Architect / Techical Lead
Full-Time in Washington, DC - Remote OK - Senior
We are currently seeking an experienced Oracle WebCenter Sites (FatWire Content Server) technical consultant to join our team of highly skilled technology professionals. The selected candidate will assist customers in meeting their overall business objectives through implementation of the WCM product. Duties include, but are not limited to, facilitating clients through requirement discovery process, prototyping and documenting requirements, defining the appropriate technical design, project scope, development, and overall technical project plan. You will act as a liaison to client IT staff, up to CIO level. You will leverage resources over multiple projects and mentor team members in defining the business solution.
- Assist in the initial gathering of technical and functional requirements from clients during on-site discovery phase
- Develop and document the detailed technical design for product solutions
- Provide the technical knowledge that helps to drive the direction of the client specific solution
- As needed, assist System Specialist in deploying (installing) software solution at client site
- Apply knowledge of the architecture and APIs of WCM products to client specific needs
- Performance Tuning of management and production environments at client locations.
- Implement technology solutions during client engagements. Development work may be performed on-site in a customer environment or remotely from home.
- Deliver technical training to customers
- Evaluate third party software involved in client specific solutions and make recommendations
- Perform product and technology research and analysis to formulate solutions to client specific requirements
- Assist in the development of case studies at the conclusion of an engagement
- Assist in developing and executing best practices for software solutions
- Act as a senior technical resource for clients and colleagues
- Handle strategic accounts from start to finish, and propose additional services to customers
- Issue resolution, internal championing on behalf of strategic customers
- Mentor and assist other technical consultants
- Internal reporting on project status
- Experience with Oracle WebCenter Sites (FatWire) or other WCMS such as Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) prefered.
- 5-10% travel as required
- Minimum 5 years of IT industry experience, at least 2 years consulting experience in designing application architectures for the Web/Internet.
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong Consultative Soft Skills – including interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills (written, verbal, and listening)
- Team player who can also work independently at customer sites.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related field (Masters Degree a plus)
- At least 3 years experience implementing software using Java, Java EE technologies (JSP, Servlets, Beans, JDBC, Groovy), XML.
- Experience with documentation of formal functional and technical design specifications
- Experience with Tomcat, Weblogic or Websphere Application Servers is desirable.
- Demonstrated experience in object-oriented software design including the modeling of object hierarchies, behaviors, class structures and methods.
- Experience with database systems and platforms such as Oracle and Microsoft SQL Server is desirable.
- Experience working with MVC frameworks
- Experience with common build tools, including Eclipse, git, maven, gradle
- Experience with cloud services including Amazon AWS, Oracle Java Cloud, GitHub etc.
Location: Anywhere in North America
Back to top