Writer/Director - Rooster Teeth
Rooster Teeth is looking for a fresh, talented creative to write and direct short-form comedy. We are looking for talent that can produce engaging videos quickly and under specific parameters. In addition, ideal candidates will have a strong understanding of gaming and youth culture and some experience writing branded content.
- Constantly develop and write ideas for shorts, series and sponsored productions
- Collaborate with the writing team to develop high level ideas
- Direct any content that has been greenlit, working closely with production and post production teams
- Bachelor's degree or significant related experience
- 2+ years demonstrated experience writing and directing comedy shorts
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment & accept feedback/notes on work
- Experience writing/directing long form content is a plus
Please provide several writing and directing samples of produced comedic videos in order to be considered for this role.
PERKS + BENEFITS
- 100% Company paid health & dental benefits
- 401(k) with a company match
- Generous paid time off each year
- Opportunity for career growth
- Flexible dress code
- Kitchen stocked with snacks
- Pet Friendly
Rooster Teeth is a pioneering creative production studio responsible for award-winning online videos such as "Red vs. Blue," the longest-running web series in history; globally acclaimed animated series "RWBY;" comedy gamer series, "The Gauntlet;" comedy series "Rooster Teeth Shorts;" and "Immersion," a show that tests video game concepts in the real world. Rooster Teeth founded and operates "Achievement Hunter," the popular gaming website, and produces the award-winning "Rooster Teeth Podcast," voted Best Gaming Podcast at the 2013 Podcast Awards. With a dedicated worldwide fan community, Rooster Teeth created RTX, an annual gaming and Internet convention held in Austin, TX, which attracts tens of thousands of gamers, online video fans and Rooster Teeth community members from around the world. The Rooster Teeth YouTube channel became the 4th most viewed YouTube channel in the world (non-music) in 2013. The Rooster Teeth multi-channel network has over 20 million YouTube subscribers and more than 5 billion views, and the Rooster Teeth website has 3 million unique monthly visitors with 1.8 million registered community members. Founded by Matt Hullum and Burnie Burns, Rooster Teeth is a subsidiary of Fullscreen, Inc., a global media company that develops online creators and produces multi-platform entertainment experiences. Discover more at http://www.roosterteeth.com.
Fullscreen, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran status, or disability.
Back to top