Writer / Copywriter
We’re looking for a creative team. An awesome one. A rare one. An end-of-a-rainbow, crock-of-gold, pair of lightening-horse-narwhal unicorns.
Why? Because we’re doing things that are actually new. All the amazing innovation of advertising and social media poured into the crusty but epic world of entertainment to make unbelievable shows, that are changing the entertainment landscape - right now.
We make the internet of entertainment, and it will be your job to think of those amazing, innovative show ideas.
Yes. That’s right. Shows - that change things.
You will also come up with the viral and promo content that supports these amazing, world-changing shows you thought of.
There’s only room for rockstars in here, the Strategic Content Group is a production company, ad agency, social agency, media agency and PR company all in just 25 people - and built inside one of the biggest MCN’s on the planet.
There’s a lot of roles, responsibilities and expectations listed below that set the bar pretty high, but if you look at it and think, “Man, it sounds like everything I want, and could do, but I’m not sure I even qualify”. Don’t worry about it - if you have an amazing portfolio, send it to us anyway.
The thing about being a unicorn is that you don’t have to tick boxes - because you’re a unicorn.
- Participate / lead the concepting and creation and delivery of shows, productions, commercials, promo films, and social content
- Support the Creative Directors and account teams in ensuring the work reflects the clients' business and brand requirements
- Create concepts, scripts, mood boards, storyboards and comps in response to briefs
- As well as creative - you will need to be someone who cares about strategy
- As the copywriter side of this team you need to know how to make the words really work for the idea. You need to be able to write in voices that aren’t your own - and a lot of the time, those voices will be younger, so you will need to be familiar with the vernacular of young people
- We need an copywriter who can art-direct too because, what? are there no visuals the week that your art-director is away?! Come on, you’re better than that
- You will need to be able to direct an edit
- You will need to be able to direct a VO artist in a sound-session
- As well as thinking of the shows, you’ll have to know how to sell them too, so you’ll need to have already face-time with clients at some point, be able to make presentations and reels
- And when the day comes that the people you’re directing aren’t able to create what you’re imagining, you need the passion and energy to even make your vision yourself. It’s worth being at least competent in the Adobe Creative Suite
- You should be someone with limitless energy
- Build great relationships with vendors
- Stay current with latest trends and technology
- 5+ years of relevant agency or design experience
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite
- Ability to problem solve on an analytical level
- Stellar portfolio demonstrating solid experience showing strong ideas.
- Portfolio that has good Layout, Design and Typography.
- Handle stress and tight deadlines with limitless energy.
- Strong communication skills
- Desire to learn, grow, and contribute in a creative, collaborative environment
- Mentor and inspire other team members
Perks + Benefits
- Flexible dress code
- Kitchen stocked with snacks
- Pet Insurance
- Catered meal on Fridays
- Health, dental and vision benefits
- 401(k) with a company match
- Generous paid time off each year
- Both paid maternity time and paid paternity time
Fullscreen is a global media company that develops online creators and programs multi-platform entertainment experiences. 600 million subscribers generate more than 6 billion video views across Fullscreen’s global network each month. Headquartered in Los Angeles, the company was founded in January 2011 by CEO George Strompolos, a co-creator of the original YouTube Partner Program. Fullscreen owns and operates leading creative production studio Rooster Teeth, video game culture network ScrewAttack, and social media studio McBeard. Fullscreen’s network includes more than 70,000 creators, featuring the Fine Bros., O2L (Our 2nd Life), Andrea Russett, Devin Supertramp and Jack and Jack. Visit Fullscreen.com for more information.
For a behind-the-scenes glance at what it's like to work at Fullscreen Media, click HERE.
Fullscreen, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran status, or disability.
Back to top