VP, Unscripted Programming
We are looking for a VP, Unscripted Programming who will be responsible for developing, producing and overseeing all unscripted original programming. Original programming includes short form, personality driven formats as well as more traditional television formats and specials. They will be instrumental in Fullscreen’s growth, as we become a regular entertainment habit with our SVOD service. The candidate would have a proven track record of unscripted content development and production experience to support and fulfill the strategic objectives of a highly cross-functional organization. This role will report to the SVP, Programming.
- Research and develop show ideas that originate from both internal sources and acquired pitches
- Deliver high quality programming and set production standards for short and long form
- Pitch show ideas to senior executives and manage unscripted greenlight process
- Build and supervise a highly creative, fast moving team
- Oversee the entire life of projects from development, into production and through launch
- Work closely with Business Affairs, Marketing, Production, Finance and PR to ensure open lines of communication and clear workflow process
- Develop new formats that go beyond traditional TV viewing experiences and take advantage of being a digital platform
- Build and maintain relationships with creative community including traditional agencies, influencer talent and up and coming producers
- 10+ years of experience developing and/or producing unscripted content, with strong relationships with unscripted production companies, agents, producers, etc.
- Experience producing content at a digital first media brand as well as traditional television
- Must have a creative eye for high quality unscripted fare and be comfortable defending opinions in a collaborative environment
- Must have a current awareness of important influencers, emerging talent and popular culture
- Experience building and/or analyzing show budgets as well as responsibilities running an overall department budget
- Ability to prioritize projects in a fast paced environment and make decisions that deliver on the overall programming strategy and creative filters
- Understanding of structure and best practices for negotiating third party production deals
- Be able to identify unique ideas and talent before it ‘bubbles up’ to broader public awareness and able to translate that into successful programming in a range of formats and styles
- Must be comfortable delegating duties, managing teams, and being collaborative on projects and meetings where appropriate
- Experience in the young adult marketplace is ideal
Perks + Benefits
- Flexible dress code
- Kitchen stocked with snacks
- Pet Insurance
- Catered meal on Fridays
- Health, dental and vision benefits
- 401(k) with a company match
- Generous paid time off each year
- Both paid maternity time and paid paternity time
Fullscreen is a global media company that develops online creators and programs multi-platform entertainment experiences. 600 million subscribers generate more than 6 billion video views across Fullscreen’s global network each month. Headquartered in Los Angeles, the company was founded in January 2011 by CEO George Strompolos, a co-creator of the original YouTube Partner Program. Fullscreen owns and operates leading creative production studio Rooster Teeth, video game culture network ScrewAttack, and social media studio McBeard. Fullscreen’s network includes more than 70,000 creators, featuring the Fine Bros., O2L (Our 2nd Life), Andrea Russett, Devin Supertramp and Jack and Jack. Visit Fullscreen.com for more information.
For a behind-the-scenes glance at what it's like to work at Fullscreen Media, click HERE.
Fullscreen, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran status, or disability.
Back to top