Are you a writer?
A force to be reckoned with?
Are you totally the voice of your generation? Kidding. (But not kidding).
Can you step up to represent the under-represented?
Do you ask for forgiveness over permission?
Are you willing to spend the time to find the right turn of phrase - long after the light has faded?
Do you want to change the world with your words?
And yet...in the same pajama wearing breath, holding a tub of ice-cream --
Do you just devour the reality TV?
Do you feast out on the YA literature to the point that it's gross, and have no plans of stopping?
Do you live on social media?
Do you get in an instagram-hole before you even get out of bed?
Just how lit IS your Snap game?
Are you always the one that tells the rest of your friends about that weird new account you found that makes you laugh your ass off?
Do you very honestly feel that memes are life... and know deep down that you're just right about this and whoever in the world who feels differently is just straight up wrong, but it's okay they'll eventually get there - being this awesome isn't easy for everyone...?
Because yeah - we need to find a unicorn who can do both.
This position, Social Writer, is part of our multi-award-winning Strategic Content Group (SCG), a small powerhouse unit within Fullscreen's Brandworks. We create long-form shows for the internet, from reality shows to thrillers to YA mysteries to superhero shows to music shows to shows that support under-represented groups of America. But - what makes us truly cutting edge is that all of our shows are built to use social media as a storytelling tool. Long gone are the days of tuning in at Thursday at 8 - our stories live in all your social feeds at the same time in real time. And you will be helping bring those stories and characters to life - sometimes in character, sometimes from the celebrities that star in our shows. Social is not an afterthought because it isn't an afterthought for our audience. SCG is making work that is entertainment that wins awards year on year and this year is going to be absolutely no different. Everyone here is a unicorn, and that's why we're looking to hire another one.
- Participate / lead the concepting and creation and delivery of shows, productions, commercials, promo films, and social content
- Support the Creative Directors and account teams in ensuring the work reflects the clients' business and brand requirements
- Create concepts, scripts, mood boards, storyboards and comps in response to briefs
- As well as creative - you will need to be someone who cares about strategy
- As the copywriter side of this team you need to know how to make the words really work for the idea. You need to be able to write in voices that aren’t your own - and a lot of the time, those voices will be younger, so you will need to be familiar with the vernacular of young people
- We need an copywriter who can art-direct too because, what? are there no visuals the week that your art-director is away?! Come on, you’re better than that
- You will need to be able to direct an edit
- You will need to be able to direct a VO artist in a sound-session
- As well as thinking of the shows, you’ll have to know how to sell them too, so you’ll need to have already face-time with clients at some point, be able to make presentations and reels
- And when the day comes that the people you’re directing aren’t able to create what you’re imagining, you need the passion and energy to even make your vision yourself. It’s worth being at least competent in the Adobe Creative Suite
- You should be someone with limitless energy
- Build great relationships with vendors
- Stay current with latest trends and technology
- 5+ years of relevant agency or design experience
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite
- Ability to problem solve on an analytical level
- Stellar portfolio demonstrating solid experience showing strong ideas.
- Portfolio that has good Layout, Design and Typography.
- Handle stress and tight deadlines with limitless energy.
- Strong communication skills
- Desire to learn, grow, and contribute in a creative, collaborative environment
- Mentor and inspire other team members
Perks + Benefits
- Flexible dress code
- Kitchen stocked with snacks
- Pet Insurance
- Catered meal on Fridays
- Health, dental and vision benefits
- 401(k) with a company match
- Generous paid time off each year
- Both paid maternity time and paid paternity time
Fullscreen is a global media company that develops online creators and programs multi-platform entertainment experiences. 600 million subscribers generate more than 6 billion video views across Fullscreen’s global network each month. Headquartered in Los Angeles, the company was founded in January 2011 by CEO George Strompolos, a co-creator of the original YouTube Partner Program. Fullscreen owns and operates leading creative production studio Rooster Teeth, video game culture network ScrewAttack, and social media studio McBeard. Fullscreen’s network includes more than 70,000 creators, featuring the Fine Bros., O2L (Our 2nd Life), Andrea Russett, Devin Supertramp and Jack and Jack. Visit Fullscreen.com
for more information.
For a behind-the-scenes glance at what it's like to work at Fullscreen Media, click HERE
Fullscreen, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran status, or disability.